Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The last pair of JBL's I'm gonna buy (for now...) <8^)

Regis
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    I think you are supposed to do it the other way, lowering the mids and highs on the 4315, according to Greg Timbers himself:
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...1&postcount=12

Thank You! And yes, I saw that thread when I was researching the 4315's that I purchased, and I agree with you (but they sound so damn good like that though!). Is it possible that 'flat and accurate' gets trumped by typical 'JBL Midbass Hump', West Coast style sound? Is it possible that I'm misleading myself and that maybe I'll see the error of my ways and correct it eventually? Time will tell and thanks for the thoughts.

Well, we are on the West Coast.
    Out.

Regis
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Well, we are on the West Coast.
    Yes we are, though you're a lot closer than I am! T'was funny though, comparing the ports on the 4315's to the L-300's. The 4315's have a single flashlight sized hole and the L-300's have a 105mm Howitzer hole that you can stick your whole arm in. I believe the L-65's have bigger ports, though the cabs are smaller. Supposedly, the 2203 can be tuned downed to 25 hz depending on the enclosure, but the specs indicate 35hz.

We'll see Friday afternoon, when I get the 12's and the 8's back in. The 12's have the same magnet as the 15's and each Alnico driver weighs 13 pounds...

Regis

We've got some pics now

Sorry for the blurry image on one of the pic's, the camera was misbehaving, but one of them came out OK....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Looking good Regis, you got the 12's & 8's back, how are the 4315's sounding now that you dialed in the L300's?
    Just Play Music.

Hi Regis,

Just was wondering, did you rebuild the bases on the L300's? From the photo, they seem a little higher than I remember, but it might just be the angle from the camera's perspectiive?

Is this a before photo, 'cause the woofer surrounds still look a little irregular.

bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Regis
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Looking good Regis, you got the 12's & 8's back, how are the 4315's sounding now that you dialed in the L300's?
    Thanks! Forgive the late reply, I access from a work PC and I've been gone on my every-other-Friday-off Friday. Sir Edgewound is going to have them ready this week and I'll get them Thursday in my mitts.

From the earlier session, even with the 4315's woofers as they were, they seemed like they'd play well with the L-300's (aka 4333). I believe that they have about the same sensitivity (correct me if I'm wrong!). When I had the 250 ti's next to them a good while back, the L-300's were a good deal louder at 1 watt and up than the 250's, so that wouldn't have been a good combo. But the 4315-L-300 pairing might just work!

Regis
    Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Hi Regis,

Just was wondering, did you rebuild the bases on the L300's? From the photo, they seem a little higher than I remember, but it might just be the angle from the camera's perspectiive?

Is this a before photo, 'cause the woofer surrounds still look a little irregular.

bart
    Gawd, you are one sharp-eyed devil! Yes, I did have the bases rebuilt and they are a good half inch higher than stock. The appearance changed and they seemed 'less squatty' looking. Also, yes, this is a before photo (good eye!). The drivers will be in this weekend (whoo-hoo!). Also, have to get ahold of my woodworking buddy to build some tilt-back speaker stands with wheels (and maybe skirting to hide the casters).

I'd like to tilt them back at the same angle as the L-300 front baffle. They basically live next to each other by the stereo and I move them to the sides when I'm going to listen to them. Gotta have room to move the bicycles in and out, as we ride three to four times a week.

Thread Information