Does this latest update affect anyone else in the following way(s) ?
(i) The removal of the ability to up load any ( & all ) attachment(s) ?
- I suppose this most likely applies to myself only & is the penalty that I must pay ( for using an outdated Microsoft browser on an old Mac )
(ii) The new messaging system called ( something like ) "Visitor Messages" allows the membership to read each others messages ( assuming they weren't initially sent throught the older "PM" ) routes .
- Are these "Visitor" type of messages viewable by any others ? ( or has my older browser unwittingly hacked into others private messaging domains ? )
- If this ( sharing of message content to all members ) is the new norm, then I need to challenge the notion that we need an additional messaging system that's seemingly patterned on the semi-public "FaceBook" model ( & implemented by the dept of Homeland Security ) .
- Yes, this is an "Orwellian" concern ( for this older dude ) who still maintains a healthy mistrust of the man ( the government ) .
- One thought ; change the name of this new messaging type to something less prone to "doublespeak" and the resultant entrapment of the trusting .
<> Earl K