Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Making or buying cabinets?

possibilities

I might have a set of new cabs in the woodshop that would fit the bill. They were an extra pair in a big batch that I made for a SR company and they are raw birch - easily veneer able.

They are set up for 15, 10 and horn and the horn cutout is for the 2332 array but the newer PT-H95 is the same size - and I think the 2370A would fit.

I have a pair of 2123H 10" and since the 10 is subchambered, you can add that later if desired. There is no crossover and I suggest triamping - I have a used JBL 553 that would be perfect.

I will get a picture posted later tonight after I feed the piles of teenagers here - last day of school...

sub

The naked truth hurts... Oooowch!

Gary: Wow, I LOVE the Altecs you have in the one-of-a-kind cabinets! This brings back some great memories that I hope to re-live some day. I assume from the "naked woofies" that you do not have frequent guests of the wee type.

Wow, "like" you even "like" watch "like" Hannity and "like" ....Colmes on "like" TV too??? ...Which "like" guy to "like" more best? I suppose Shawnie will be pissed when ...Ohhh" Bama wins every "like" state in "like" November.... Oh sh##, Ronnie is rolling in the grave...

Woff: OK, keep me in mind, Im flexible, if you are flexible.

Gary L
    My grills come off for pictures only but no "Wee Ones" run around here.

Hannity & Colmes would be much better if one of them was gone!

If, as you elude, OOH Bama wins this race then it will completely justify all my thoughts that america deserves to be exactly where we are right now because we are the dumbest, most gullable idiots on the face of this earth.

I've been around way too long to even listen to this "WE NEED CHANGE" BS again. IMHO, what we need is a government that can work together to make changes that work for us instead of for their personal needs or their party. These fools have been fixing Social Security since I was old enough to know what it is and it is still just as broke! I can't even imagine how a screwy National Health Care system would ever work or how much more that will cost us all. I have a hard enough time just finding a doctor who speaks my language.

Thanks for the compliments about my speakers. I am the only one in the entire world who has them and they sound great but there are many out there that sound much better, all things considered.

Gary

3 way traps

Here are the pics and a short description. The cabinets are raw, unsanded / finished / etc

3/4 multiply birch, dado'ed joints, screwed and glued. These will NEVER come apart.

40" high, 20" wide and 17.5 deep, 15 degree trap.

Dual 4" PVC stubs for ports, tuned for 2226 at present.

1/2 Exp 16ga metal screens siliconed into pine frames - can be clothed.

Vb ( after subtracting doghouse + bracing ) = 4.0 ft3

Can be modified for 1.125 lips and walnut veneer + trim to match 43XX style. They can also be cut down to 18.5 wide with a modified trap config ( 3" recess on sides ) but it's a lot of work.

Horn shown installed is the 2332 ( 1.5" 90 array metal ) on top are 2373 ( 1" thread-on ) and PT-95H 1.5". Both are fiberglas composite and will fit.

Curious cat not included.

sub
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    Horn shown installed is the 2332 ( 1.5" 90 array metal ) on top are 2373 ( 1" thread-on ) and PT-95H 1.5". Both are fiberglas composite and will fit.
    Sub, how do the 2332 and the PT compare to your hear?

dunno

Have not had the time to compare them side by side but others have said that the 2332 is problematic above 10K - I think this was fixed with the PT.

They are nearly identical except for the contours.

sub

Subwoof

Subwoof:
    Could you please leave your contact information here:

[email protected]

Thanks.

Thread Information