Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: frankensteins monitors

finally on the move

2360a were installed yesterday on top of my DIY 1.
    2450 drivers were mounted, and the crossover connected. H3100/276ND disconnected. 1400ND PRO still on.

Test Setup: Accuphase C240 preamp, Rotel RB956AX (6 channel) poweramp, Denon DVD 3800.

Well it sounds quite good, but still a lot of adjustments to do. The 1400PRO's run on bridged channels and are turned up a lot to compensate for lower sensitivity. The S3100 crossover seems to have a little too much HF comp. but not anoyingly so.

Soundstage is huge and tall compared to before. Probably also because the 2360a are on top and therefore a lot taller than the speakers with H3100 inside before. I have JBL 3115a crossovers too, but will try them later. Probably same sensitivity problem, since they were made for 4 JBL 2225 drivers to match the 2360a.

They are way too big, my girlfriend says, and I might end up keeping my 2350 instead, and sell 2360a with 3115a crossovers.

I will get back with more impressions on the sound.
    Vernb
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You guys are crazy

They are way too big, my girlfriend says, and I might end up keeping my 2350 instead, and sell 2360a with 3115a crossovers.
    i consider them as sculptures, industrial on the outside, aerodynamic on the inside...and somehow looking just way to interesting to be put away. i like the oblique sideview the most, showing the contrast of the inside and outside the same time. and showing the beautiful driver --too bad i cant listen to them in that position!

saying that, first i saw the 235o i was stunned all the same. they are beautiful! but for me, they would have to be naked, not put away in a box.

i hope you will have fun trying out your horns.

cheers,
    mikey

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by vernb View Post
    2360a were installed yesterday on top of my DIY 1.
    2450 drivers were mounted, and the crossover connected. H3100/276ND disconnected. 1400ND PRO still on.

Test Setup: Accuphase C240 preamp, Rotel RB956AX (6 channel) poweramp, Denon DVD 3800.

Well it sounds quite good, but still a lot of adjustments to do. The 1400PRO's run on bridged channels and are turned up a lot to compensate for lower sensitivity. The S3100 crossover seems to have a little too much HF comp. but not anoyingly so.

Soundstage is huge and tall compared to before. Probably also because the 2360a are on top and therefore a lot taller than the speakers with H3100 inside before. I have JBL 3115a crossovers too, but will try them later. Probably same sensitivity problem, since they were made for 4 JBL 2225 drivers to match the 2360a.

I will get back with more impressions on the sound.
    Vernb

That’s no moon it’s JBL2360A!

There 3 feet square correct me if I’m wrong nice I like it wicked way to go to produce top quality mid to high range.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    You guys are crazy
    My sentiment exactly. There both off there trolleys. What is the sensitivity of the 2360A can’t be asked to look it right now its over 110db I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    My sentiment exactly. There both off there trolleys. What is the sensitivity of the 2360A can’t be asked to look it right now its over 110db I think.
    They are around 113db I think. And dimensions are 80x80x80cm = a little less than 3 feet. I think actually only the depth of 80cm plus the 2450 drivers gives me headaches. There is not much room left to have living room furniture

They are around 113db I think. And dimensions are 80x80x80cm = a little less than 3 feet. I think actually only the depth of 80cm plus the 2450 drivers gives me headaches.
    hey, at least you still got the original stickers on the hornbell.
    as i said -these babies are sculptures. if one cant agree, i guess it could be rather hard to get along with them (in a civil vicinity).

There is not much room left to have living room furniture
    living-what what-ni-what??!

cheers,
    miquey

Quote Originally Posted by pos
    You guys are crazy
    oh
    ever heard of horn envy?
    think about it

JBL 4645
    They are around 113db I think. And dimensions are 80x80x80cm = a little less than 3 feet. I think actually only the depth of 80cm plus the 2450 drivers gives me headaches. There is not much room left to have living room furniture
    That doesn’t surprise me if you stick any more JBL cinema PA types in the room your not going to have enough room to swing a cat around. I think it’s the depth that is almost 3 feet. Still at just under 3 feet square that is still a very large HF horn.

Bet those can be picked up cheap as biscuits today.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    oh
    ever heard of horn envy?
    think about it
    I think I have somewhere in the back of my mind. I’d like to have three 2360A THX approved horns bugger the neighbours. Make it loud, but safe!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    hey, at least you still got the original stickers on the hornbell.
    miquey

Oh, yeah I just scrolled back up the page and yes I see the sticky on them. Not that it would matter in cinema you’d never see the stage speakers as they are behind the perforated screen.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jerv View Post
    After a long search, I finally got a pair of 2360's in the house, and thought I would join this thread.

These horns are really awesome. I am now listening to them togheter with 2235's in 5 cu.ft reflex boxes, 400 Hz passive crossover with some compensation, and some room eq. No supertweeter seems necessary in my setup.

Notice prototype crossover components to the left. Still measuring, simulating, tweaking and testing. Exciting!!

cheers!
    Espen

(PS: Sorry for bad quality photo. Used my mobile phone camera).
    Oh, man you suck! That is nice I like the way they are toed in on the corners that is class.

Oh, man you suck! That is nice I like the way they are toed in on the corners that is class.
    Thanks!

They already sound great - and will hopefully sound even better biamped, when my electronic analog crossovers are ready (am using passive prototype crossovers for the moment). Crossover 400 Hz to the 2235 bass bins - and lots of compensation and eq. Seems that no supertweeter is needed.

Espen

active crossover

I changed to a Nakamichi active x-over today. crossing at 550hz and only using the tone controls on the Accuphase C240 to adjust the UHF, this really seems to work better than the passive S3100 x-over.

One 2450j seems to play a little louder than the other. Tried changing sides and the problem followed. They both measure around 8.3 ohms and the problem was there crossing over passively and actively, so it doesn't have anything to do with that. Not a big difference, but it is there, no doubt. Help please

Vernb

Obsolete
    Send Guido a PM. The both probably need to be gone through.

Thread Information