hey there lansingfreaks!

i recently found out that i am willing to waste a lot of money with old studio monitors (click), a lot more than i expected, so i decided to take the money and walk the hard way.
i got these (mint and boxed) drivers:
-238oA + 245o
-22o6

a behringer DCX and 2 wooferboxes.
looks a lot like this:

(since im totally devoted to jbl, i decided to live on the floor like they do in jbl~japan)

the test-setup:
12'' plays up to 859 Hz and lives yet in closedbox, but this will change soon (i got them boxes by accident but they are nearly perfect) since im going to bassreflex the thing. a little eq gain at bottom-bottom helps me over empty feelings.

the horn goes all the way up from 859Hz to 2ooooHz, and i have tried to eq it a bit but without measurming, wich will be done next week (since i got no equipment myself).

the tweeters are still waiting to be used since im not finished building a fail-safe in case of a bad amp or so. i want them protected.

ok, what else...
the horndriver is beeing moved to the front so it is in line with the 12'', the horn is now standing out, but:
since i love the looks of altec VOTT and naked horns, i will keep the horn visible on top and if this works with the phase correction and the refraction of the higher signals from the 12'' on the back of the horn isnt to bad i will keep it standing out.
saying that, im still in pre-alpha-testing phase.

and talking about design, originally i wanted to paint the full body monitor-blue. but since it is a little different from the one i planned (this one i got per accident) ii would be better maybe to get some decent veneer.
i will see.

ok.
hope youre informed now!

cheers,
mikey

ps: oh wait!
i forgot about how they sound:
not to good, but not to bad either. im actually surprised that i can already enjoy the sound without having measured them.
imaging is great and the resolution is good, too.