Thread: found 1968 home JBL catalogue

found 1968 home JBL catalogue

Who do I scan and upload the images to? This is a catalogue that is not already in the library, with all the old goodies from about 1967-1970
    Verner

Catalogues

Quote Originally Posted by vernb View Post
    Who do I scan and upload the images to? This is a catalogue that is not already in the library, with all the old goodies from about 1967-1970
    Verner
    Hi vernb,

please take a look for this link :

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/interact/scans.htm

thanks

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

A note about scanned submissions. We have had a problem adding submissions to the site for several years now. I believe it was due in part to a lack of man power and also due to some technical difficulties with the site's software. I think the software issues have been resolved or are being resolved currently. As for the human side of things I am not sure where we stand on that front. Hopefully there will be a forum announcement coming along shortly that addresses this topic.

Widget

long long time ago...

I can still remember how that music used to play

( apologies to McLean )

I asked the same question to the powers-to-be and got exactly no response and that was 2003.

There have been numerous software "revisions" one of which was just 2 weeks ago I see BUT still no avenue unless one has administrative "permission" to post on the technical forum.

Tried that too last fall....same results...nada

All those technical notes that JBL doesn't post that this forum gets *repeated* questions about just sit in my filing cabinet.

Someday....

sub

RIP 2009
    Yeah, I've submitted stuff and have also offered to help with posting, and have always been told that it's "happening soon", but it's going on years now... I've also got a scanner here, PDF software, and a bunch of info, (especially Pro), that hasn't been posted anywhere.

I really wish management would let someone help.

John

ive also got stuff...

im new to the forum.
    But after looking ont the main Site ive noticed leaflets that ive got, which arnnt on there.
    On a Regular forum i use i have started adding them onto there.
    If admin want me to sent copys of these i will do. They are jpegs but im willing to convert to pdf's.

Heres the link if anyone is intrested: 'Golden oldies'

The 'California Jam' one is particulary intresteing.

Well anyway im sure i will enjoy reading this site, and hope to be of some use.

Dave

If I remember correctly, Don said in one of his posts that part of the problem is the way the site was constructed and that adding to it or changing it is very difficut. Something about having used Frontpage for the original design ( never use frontpage!!)

That being said there is a way that we could have our cake and eat it to so to speak. If we could create a thread in the Tech section that we could upload into, we could have the stuff available for view UNTIL such time that a more formal insertion is figured out.

One for data sheets would be nice also. About four years ago I asked if anyone had a data sheet for the 2202H and was told it was submitted and to expect it in the forum database in a few weeks. I just didn't know that they meant a few hundred weeks

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959 View Post
    If I remember correctly, Don said in one of his posts that part of the problem is the way the site was constructed and that adding to it or changing it is very difficut. Something about having used Frontpage for the original design ( never use frontpage!!)
    Yes - I do commercial web design and quite a bit of my work is recreating and updating websites that were built in automated-webcode-generators
    like Front page or MS Word (save As HTMl - he he he). It takes a while to wrap your head around the old code and recreate it using more modern design techniques with CSS and xhtml. The old code is UGLY, recursive and time consuming to recode.

But sites like this should be running from a common database with page templates - it shouldn't require recoding thousands of pages, just designing new templates. That said, its still a pain!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    The old code is UGLY, recursive and time consuming to recode.

But sites like this should be running from a common database with page templates - it shouldn't require recoding thousands of pages, just designing new templates. That said, its still a pain!
    yes, for some reason, frontpage recursed stuff that wasn't even needed. It a PITA to undo I agree. As a programmer I tried frontpage one weekend ( many many moons ago) to get my site up quickly and couldn't believe what it was doing, so I just created it using HTML code and templates. Once that's done you can change, add, delete anything so easily.

BUT, you know if a person doesn't know how to program HTML code then I quess programs like frontpage are needed, but GOD, what a price to pay. I haven't looked at them in over 9 years, hopefully they're are better now.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    That said, its still a pain!
    any computer code over ten lines starts to get hairy!!

Thread Information