Greetings, JBL Friends!

I found you all whilst searching for some info on an 18" JBL subwoofer that I bought yesterday, at a swap meet! Thought I'd drop in to say, "HI", and to introduce myself, if I may!

I am a former musician, who made his living playing music for almost 30 years. "Back in the day", I fell in love with JBL components, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Altec Lansing, too. I still have quite a few components, just "waiting" for me to do something with them, including the goodies to build myself a nice 4-way monitor system, with 2235's on the bottom. Time is at a premium for my wife and I, as we own our own very tiny business (we're the only employees!), and we have to spend some time on the road, now and then. So, I have yet to cobble up my dream speakers, and am "making do" with a nice pair of JBL 4408's that I bought many years ago, combined with a subwoofer that I built long ago. I love the sound of the 4408's, but have never been satisfied with my subwoofer.

To that end, I found a JBL 2242HPL, 18" subwoofer at a swap meet yesterday, and bought it for all of $30! It appears to have never been mounted in a cabinet, but it's dust cap is mashed in a bit. Now, I've spent a bit of time this morning, seeking info on that transducer, and some good tuning specs for it. I may have just found a subwoofer that will reproduce the bottom end I've been missing in my system!

In any case, I'm very happy to have found you Gentlemen, and look forward to much perusing of this site, as time permits. Downstairs, I've got K120's, 2130's, 2235's, a D130, and lots of other goodies, just waiting for me to come play with them! As I don't play music for a living anymore, those projects have been put on the back burner. Finding you Guys may have just lit the fires again, and I may have to dig into that stuff and do something fun with it! Great to meet you, and I'll see you all later! Work beckons! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc Mark