Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Everest DD5500, opinions

Quote Originally Posted by rj2077 View Post
    no, they are not mint. but in great shape for their age. it took a while to come to terms with the seller and it was hard to get together, but it ended up well. i was excited when bringing them into the house, i still am. it totaled $7,200. i got a great deal. there may be better, but these are my best. thank you for your encouragement.

best regards
    rj, yes there are better, but not sitting in the living room or family room of most of our houses.

That's an excellent price for one of the great speakers of all time (not just JBL), and you never need to be even the slightest bit apologetic about what you have there. I like to see a man or woman step up and spend money on the best he can get. That shows commitment and control both at the same time.

I tend to be a bottom-feeder on many items, getting incredible deals for little or no outlay, but sometimes you've just gotta stand up and pay the price to get what you really desire.

Well done.
    Last edited by Titanium Dome; 07-14-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    Out.

Hey, RJ,

As I've already told you in a PM, I, too, am very excited to see you get something so special, that is already making you very happy and fulfilled!! That's the name of the game, actually: satisfaction, happiness, and fulfillment!! Doesn't get any better than that!! So, I'm with TiDome, well done, and bravo, Sir!!! We must all remember that not all of us would choose the same speakers, like the same flavors of ice cream, drive the same cars, of prefer the same kind of Ladies!! That's what makes life so interesting, and I'm very happy for your fulfillment and satisfaction in these new speakers, RJ!!! I'm sure that, as much as I've railed on about how happy I am to be finally getting a pair of old 4333 cabinets to play with, and out of them, will cobble up my "dream speakers", there are probably a few out there who have thought, "What a moron!! Only know-nothing, hi-fi idiots like the 4333"!!! So be it!! I will be super happy with them, and in truth, that's all that counts, right??!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful treasures with us, and here's to many fantastic years of enjoying them!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

I really admire the "industrial" look they have, a design statement for sure.

I only ever heard them as a teenager in a crappy hotel room hifi show demo. Still regret not spending more time listening but they had them cranked way too loud - I realise now that's not hard to do given the efficiency.

I assume they would sell for twice what you paid for them in Japan.

because of the angles built into them, they dont look to imposing. they are a big box without looking like one. they get loud quickly. i dont listen at loud volumes, but these can do it and crystal clear while doing it. i am going to make some changes, i will try other amps and pre's and see what works best. thank you all once again.

best regards

im very happy you enjoy your new monster babies.
    thats very encouraging for me --thers no help, speakers have to be LAAARGE!

cheers,
    mikey

because of the angles built into them, they dont look to imposing.
    I sometimes find it is easier to fit a really large speaker into a room than a "medium" sized speaker.

My 250Ti's don't look out of place in the 13ft x 13ft temporary room they're in. Infact some people look right past them and they become part of the room fixtures. I think the Everest designers have been very clever.

these dwarf my L-250's...lol. i have a set of altec model 19's which are also big. they lack the upper timber that the everest have, and they are not as fast either. the L-250's are my wifes favorite speakers. all is well in the household, i told my wife i would not buy any more speakers for a while.....

best regards

i told my wife i would not buy any more speakers for a while.....
    Just in case you needed future representation, I looked up the definition of a "while" in the dictionary. It would seem you're committed:

relative adverb
    during which : the period while the animal remains alive.

Regis
    these dwarf my L-250's...lol. i have a set of altec model 19's which are also big. they lack the upper timber that the everest have, and they are not as fast either. the L-250's are my wifes favorite speakers. all is well in the household, i told my wife i would not buy any more speakers for a while.....

best regards
    Glad yours is verbal. I had to sign an agreement with my significant-other! With the DD55000's, I believe you're not that far from the top-O-the-heap as far as stunning JBL's go. Naturally, there's always something out there that's bigger, faster and yes, more expensive (much like automobiles). Wisdom Audio sells a 3,800 pound speaker system, called the 'Infinite Grande'. They only have 12" woofers, but each woofer has a 70 pound motor! I believe it sells for a million dollars and the forklift is not included.

So as Doc says earlier (in so many words), we've got to be loving what we have! I'm glad you're pleased with these big guys! I'd personally love to have a pair myself (but then again, they're big enough to hold my cold corpse after I bring them home!).

scorpio
    Great stuff, I've seen a pair of these in a shop in Brussels a few yrs ago, did not even dare asking for the price, however, here's the last item I hanged up in my listening room, it's in the spirit of this thread...
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    Great stuff, I've seen a pair of these in a shop in Brussels a few yrs ago, did not even dare asking for the price, however, here's the last item I hanged up in my listening room, it's in the spirit of this thread...
    Cheers

Morning, Scorpio,

WELL said, my Friend!! Couldn't agree more!! Take pleasure in the big things, take pleasure in the little things, and be thankful for those pleasures, each and every day! Take care, and God Bless! Take care, anad God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

i got home yesterday evening, and my wife was jamming out to some RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS...... i said, i thought you hated them.. she replied, IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM....... the vocals and strings sound fantastic out of these everest. we are "seriously enjoying them"

best regards

Regis
    Your wife has the right idea! Very cool. Sometimes, it's great just to have a good listening session with the wife, instead of the on TV! Glad she likes them (I sure would!)

i have been doing some serious listening and comparing the everest to the L-250's. i like the tweeter in the 250, but overall the everest are smoother more detailed. the 250's sound to "in your face" compared to the everest. i like the 250's driven by my big tube amps, and that is the sound characteristics of the everest driven by a ss amp.

regards

Those beasts are way cool

Congratulations

Thread Information