Thread: 4350 and 4355 ?????

Question 4350 and 4355 ?????

Would any one wish to explain what the differences are between the 4350 and 4355 as far as cabinet construction and porting specs. Just to be clear i am not asking about the drivers and crossovers,just the cabinet and porting info???

Rafael
    I have no answer to your question but thereīs an interesting japanese page about these speakers:

www.hpmix.com/home/yam911/

A little story about these speakers: I wanted to buy a pair from a client of a hifi dealer. The enclosures were the industrial version with the grey survace. The seller didnīt like the industrial look and gave it to a carpenter to furnish the cabinets. He waited two long years and maybe he forgot the enclosures. When I asked again for the loudspeakers, he remembered the cabinets and went to the carpenter. The carpentry was closed and the enclosures thrown away. Of course the networks were in the cabinets. Since I got most of the drivers in the meantime, I want to build the cabinets and would be glad for information about the networks and the baffle layout.

Regards, Rafael

Unhappy

Well now i know where all of the 4350,s are and why they are so few on this side of the planet.

Tom Loizeaux
    Enclosure plans shouldn't be hard to find - and the crossovers (3107s) are sometimes available too.

Tom

4350 plans ???

Well i have been looking for a while and i must be looking in all the wrong places,till last week when a fellow down in florida had a pair on e-bay. He ended up pulling the auction when he found out they did not contain the right part #,s on the drivers. he let me take some pics, and measurements of baffle cut outs and porting specs. i am in the process of trying to put the measurements in to a blue print of some kind,but i would also like to have the 4355 specs as well. Hey Tom have you got any ideas where to track this info down???

4350 vs 4355

If you do a search on this forum you will find many threads on this topic. I don't think anyone as yet has taken the time to actually post the internal dimensions and port tunings of these speakers. Personally I would not bother copying them exactly as I prefer a flatter more extended low end. Giskard has posted the specified tuning frequency at one time or another, but to my ear they have the typical JBL low bass bump.

I still haven't built my pair of walnut enclosures. I was going to start last time work slowed down... but I am busy again, oh well. Here is a thread I started sometime back. It describes my approach and a bit about the crossovers.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...=&threadid=774

Hope it helps.

Widget

Thread Information