Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuilding a JBL N7000. Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno GINARD View Post
    You have two cell in the N 7000 :

One cell is a low-pass circuit, ( where the inductor is in the serial line of the signal) for the 375. It means that above 7 Khz the signal will decrease at 12 db per octave

THe second cell is the high pass circuit, for the 2402 (the capacitor is in the line.) it means that the signal will decrease below 7 KHZ 12 db per octave.
    IN a professional use, this filter will protect your tweeter for high current below 7 KHZ; thus you can drive the lspk with a lot of power.

THe circuit on my paper is :

-A Lx 5 Circuit for the bass spkrs ( low pass) and for the connexion at 500 Hz for the375 (high pass above 500 Hz). The switch/transformer assembly is substituted by a 16Ohms L Pad ( but you can re-use the original assembly).

The 375 has NO filter in the high, because the natural cut-off of the speaker about 12 Khz, and the phase turnover inducted by a 12db/octave filter.

The bullet tweeter have only a capacitor to have a natural and sweet slope around 8/10 khz.

My english is'nt as good as it used to be, but i hope you shall understand!

Rgds
    Thanks. I will print out all the infos you gave me. And regarding the big caps the you mentioned early in the thread, do you have any photos?

Bruno GINARD

filter

pics of my first filter....

you can use Paper oiled caps for the 16.5 AND 1.5 UF in the circuit, Solen"s are sufficient for the 3 X 13.5 Uf
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Bruno GINARD

cable

don't forgot to change the wire ( all)

an exemple :

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...337156#reviews

Bruno GINARD

paper oil caps

Upgrading S7R with L65

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno GINARD View Post
    Hi

I have several ideas to realize a better filter, based on LX 5 and N 7OOO...

I will look the LX 5 scheme and will be back to you.

My first opinion : try to change the HF to a pair of 2405....better for music at home. I have tried 2402 ( lemon squeezer !) and 2405, 2402 sounded too hard for me.

SEcond : we can realize a more simple filter for the hf ...

regards
    I have a similar challenge.

I want to expand the range of my homebuilt S7R with a 077 tweeter. I bought the L65 Jubal at the end of the 70s and they have been playing load and clear every day since after refoaming the woofers 10 years ago. I want the 077 of the L65 to play together with the S7R.

1. May I simply divide the signal using the 7000Hz N7000 dividing network, letting the low frequency go to the S7R and the high to the L65s? All speakers are 8 ohm. My main concern is the 6 dB difference in the efficiency of the speakers. The S7R are much more efficient (91 db / 1 meter) than my small [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]speakers[/COLOR][/COLOR].

2. I have not been able to purchase the N7000 dividing network. Does anyone know of replacement networks;
    Alternatively does anyone know of companies building replacement networks using good components?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

N8000 will work better with the 077. The L-pad will in the network is there to adjust levels. The 077 is ~105dB@1W.

A new network with better components will sound better.

Wiring: You take the signal out of the LX-5 that now goes into your LE-85 and feed it into the N-7000/N-8000 network. The output of the N-7000/N-8000 is wired directly to the LE-85 and 077.
    Johnny Haugen Sørgård

Hi all, I know I'm digging up an old thread here, but has anyone else built Bruno's crossover? I'm thinking of tackling this one myself for my S8 Olympus

Cheers
    Steve

Thread Information