Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4345

Hey kevin thanks for your help and input. I have been looking into this caps things this site is still under consturction but I was told it will tell u every thing we need to know about caps. humblehifi.com

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Hey kevin thanks for your help and input. I have been looking into this caps things this site is still under construction but I was told it will tell you every thing we need to know about caps. http.humblehifi.com
    Nothing to see there! Thanks for the tip, but that site doesn't actually exist - http://www.humblehifi.com/
    It looks like maybe it WAS a site once,
    but it seems to be expiring ...
    created: 2006-03-21 15:14:08 UTC
    modified: 2008-03-06 01:47:46 UTC

registered to fuscoindustries.com
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

http://humblehifi.com/ I hope this help but remember still under constuction

Obsolete
    I think everyone already read it years ago.
    hey kevin. my speakers sound great. my question to u and all the others, will I really hear a difference in sound quality.clarity caps mundorf caps auri caps- some have a tolerance of 10% -5% or 3% and price from 8.00 dollars to 300 or 500 each I beleive this is call tweaking your speaker this could be a good thing or bad thing . as I said befor my speakers sound awesome but i always try to keep an open mind.if u can turn water into wine I am all ears
    I could kind of, sort of see you fretting over capacitors if you were running Be diaphragms and ultra-low distortion dynamic drivers but I just looked over your components in your system and frankly, buy yourself some Dayton capacitors from PE, maybe bypass them with Thetas, and call it done.
    as I said befor my speakers sound awesome
    Then stop screwing around on this website and go listen to your awesome speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    I think everyone already read it years ago.I could kind of, sort of see you fretting over capacitors if you were running Be diaphragms and ultra-low distortion dynamic drivers but I just looked over your components in your system and frankly, buy yourself some Dayton capacitors from PE, maybe bypass them with Thetas, and call it done.Then stop screwing around on this website and go listen to your awesome speakers.
    again LOL the only way to grow is to learn ! I spent alot of money on my awesome speakers which sound great and if I can make them sound even better by changing some caps with the help of some of the knowledgeable people on this site then I would do so

Obsolete
    My point is, I hate to see you fret over something so silly but if you want to go ahead and have a bunch of knowledgeable people help you part with your money go for it. Hook the most expensive capacitors you can possibly bring yourself to buy up to those 075's and 175 DLH's. Just by virtue of having spent a ton of money you will hear an amazing difference. Everybody knows that you can't spend $300 on a capacitor without hearing a mind blowing difference. A $300 capacitor will alter your entire universe. The $500 capacitors instantly teleport you into the fourth dimension so if you want to disappear forever buy them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    My point is, I hate to see you fret over something so silly but if you want to go ahead and have a bunch of knowledgeable people help you part with your money go for it. Hook the most expensive capacitors you can possibly bring yourself to buy up to those 075's and 175 DLH's. Just by virtue of having spent a ton of money you will hear an amazing difference. Everybody knows that you can't spend $300 on a capacitor without hearing a mind blowing difference. A $300 capacitor will alter your entire universe. The $500 capacitors instantly teleport you into the fourth dimension so if you want to disappear forever buy them instead.
    LOL its not that deep

Did you modify the network to accomodate to the 2123H instead of the 2122H?
    Do you have the T/S mesurements of your aftermaket 2245H cone?

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    yes and I dont have the eq at my house but I am waiting on a friend who will do this for me when completed i will post t/s- everthing

my custom 4345. I change the 077 to 075 and the 2425 to the 175dlh
    This is merely a unique DIY in a beautiful 4345 cabinet. It is not a 4345.

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    There's all that, and more. Don't get me started in the 075 and potato masher choices...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    This is merely a unique DIY in a beautiful 4345 cabinet. It is not a 4345.

There's all that, and more. Don't get me started in the 075 and potato masher choices...
    thanks. well the design started off as a 4345 I love the sound of the 075 I never heard the 2405 I also love the sound of the 175dlh but I am not crazy about the potato masher. some old with the sort of new. I got the sound I was looking for

I got the sound I was looking for
    Can't argue with that...

Though I do agree with Bo. I wouldn't call your speaker a 4345. It looks nice though. It is certainly something to be proud of.

Widget

Hey Dino,

Did your crossover builder use the stock 3145 shematic?

Also, has he provided a measured frequency response of the final system.

I only ask as 2123H you appear to have used (instead of the 2123) has different response characteristics and generally requires additional crossover components to attenuate a rising response above 1 khertz.

I would recommend verifiying the FR before considering more fancy crossover parts.

(I propose to use the 2123 in my own 4345 clones (just for grins) and will confirm the required crossover schematic on the 4345 baffle sometime in Jan 2009)

Ian

thanks. well the design started off as a 4345 I love the sound of the 075 I never heard the 2405 I also love the sound of the 175dlh but I am not crazy about the potato masher. some old with the sort of new. I got the sound I was looking for
    Perhaps the point here is you are happy and that is what its all about.

I reviewed the thread earlier and you approach has been measured and well thought out, the execution impressive and you got external assistance were it was needed.

On the 2402, my first and most interesting encounter was at the Rick Wakeman concert in Melbourne around 1974. They had a massive JBL system that must have been a 6-7 way and on the top of each huge stack of horns of every kind in the JBL PRO brochure was an array of a 2402s.

The power of the keyboards and a full orchestra is really something and it is worth getting a copy of Journey to the Centre of the Earth to try out on your system

The concert was reported in the front page of the Age newspaper the next day that during Merlin the Magician they blew all the 18 inch JBL woofers with a 30 hertz triangle wave. It was like an earth quake

I gave him all the info on the 175dlh- 2123-075-2245h. he said he did his home work on all the drivers.I can not speak for him but he put all the info into his computer and the computer does a test on each driver and the speaker as a whole unit. all I can tell u is my speakers sound great they hit hard and they are well balance. the caps issue is a never ending story as time goes on some one builds a better product like caps -audio cables and etc. I am guilty I want the best sound out of my stereo so this will always be a never ending story. like u said Ian If it ant broke leave it alone. let see how long this will last

Thread Information