Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL 4312 A in disguise

Would advise to rather stay away from this seller. A very rude guy on several occasions, never got confidence-building answers, and his photos are always way too good to be true.. Photoshop is amazing isn't it. About 260 negatives tell the whole story..

Hey Jan, what's the internal volume of these enclosures – are the ports tuned to that full size?

Just for fun !!!
    and youre right, it is!

Would advise to rather stay away from this seller. A very rude guy on several occasions, never got confidence-building answers, and his photos are always way too good to be true.. Photoshop is amazing isn't it. About 260 negatives tell the whole story..
    oh yeah thats true, the community isnt very pleased with him.
    [i once asked a question about an amp for my infinity kappa8 (for sale now), they go down to 1,6 ohm, and he answered: all of my amps can handle them!
    haha!]

i will try to meet the seller of ze big boxen, would really like to listen a bit.

mikey

Measurements

Quote Originally Posted by Fangio View Post

Hey Jan, what's the internal volume of these enclosures – are the ports tuned to that full size?
    Hi Fangio,

Unfortunately i can't tell you anything about the loudspeakers interior at this moment.
    I first have to remove the bassloudspeaker to have a look inside.
    The outer measurements are about H 48" x W 12" x D 16". The enclosures are made of MDF. The seller told me the enclosures interior had been consolidated. According to sellers story an electric engineer should have built these creations.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
    Hi Fangio,

Removing one of the woofers i learned the loudspeakers had been internally divided in two compartments. The lower compartments with the original volume and the ports tuned to that size. The upper compartments just to create the looks of a big loudspeaker.
    The midranges and tweeters were placed in the upper compartments. I made a square hole at the backside of one of the upper compartments (the side opposite the woofer) and now i can put the crossover in that compartment too. I will remove the midranges and tweeters from their place and i will replace them in line with the woofers. There's one asset too, the woofers have been built in some 16" above the floor so i don't need stands and will place the midranges and on "ear-level" now. I only have to close the holes where the midranges and tweeters were placed before and i do intend to paint the enclosures in a glossy black piano paint with massive wooden details.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

I only have to close the holes where the midranges and tweeters were placed before and i do intend to paint the enclosures in a glossy black piano paint with massive wooden details.
    those will look cool for sure.
    how do you plain to arrange the mid and tweeter?

mikey

JBL 4312A in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    those will look cool for sure.
    how do you plain to arrange the mid and tweeter?

mikey

Grüss Gott Mikey,

Wie geht es dir ? Mikey i don't quiete understand your question regarding the mid and tweeter. I will place these units in the upper compartments right above the woofers.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

hey jan!

"danke ich bin fein"
    (as my dictionary would say)

my question was:
    will it be a vertical line array, or tweeter/mid side by side.
    do you think it matters?

cheers,
    mikey

JBL 4312A in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    hey jan!

"danke ich bin fein"
    (as my dictionary would say)

my question was:
    will it be a vertical line array, or tweeter/mid side by side.
    do you think it matters?

cheers,
    mikey
    Hi Mikey,

It will be a vertical line array. In my opinion JBL placed them side by side to achieve manageable measurements for their Control Monitors.
    F.i. the JBL L80T and the JBL L100T are using the same mid/high combo in a vertical line array.

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

Thread Information