Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looky, Looky !!

And so, I called Ok city! The gentleman on the other end, he knows about the A7, and tells me it can be built, and is built to order! BUT, he also told me I should call Altecs consumer division, pro doesnt handle this! I told him, I just got off the phone with consumer, and she gave me your name and number! So, he gave me a name with another number at Altecs consumer division in Pa, and told me to contact her, but if I run into anohter brickwall, he gave yet another guys name and extension to call. he told me that if I couldnt eventually get what I wanted from these people, to call him back, and he would then get to them to get to me to get me what I want!

WTF!
    scottyj

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

Norton.... Norton

I know that you know that I know that you know...... (I like the eddie murphy version of GHEY Ralph and Kramden the best)

how lame -- and for 12Gs (retail) worth of speaker -- you would think they would be bending over backwards.....

Hey Scott, if you ever get ahold of anyone who knows what is going on, can you also see if you can order parts; ie mount kits, HF driver, embelms etc

good luck and godspeed!

Oh, I asked about the woofer, horns, and comp drivers! He told me they are all made to original Altec spec by an Oklahoma outfit, whose employess worked for Altec, and when Altec closed down, they bought the tooling to produce Altec drivers and woofers. This part IS true! I know the man, I have his work, he does make Altec stuff, as close to original as ever you will get from new products made today.

But the cabinets are built by a company out of Chicago!

However, the story reads like a Dr. Seuss book. From near to far, from high to low, to here and there, I cant find these speakers anywhere!
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by tomt
    that is Good News!

till they deliver tho..

6 week lead from time the order is placed to delivery!
    scottyj

Thread Information