Just picked one up yesterday, irresistibly beautiful and nearly mint.
Have the matching "Hi-Fi" Loudspeaker(s) "5403" which have some damage to the wood grill slats, but nothing an afternoon of patience won't cure.

Tons of information on Telefunken in general but not a whole lot can I find on this piece except manufactured 1963/64.

Any input, information, opinions on sound quality (I'm bring it up now slowly so I haven't yet heard it) links to web sites; anything would be greatly appreciated. Any Telefunken collectors here?

I don't know if the '60s qualifies it as an "antique" radio, as well as the fact that it's actually a receiver by American definition, but I figured the forums were the best place to start.

I've passed on a lot of console (the BIG furniture types) Telefunkens because they were always in need of so much. Broken parts, missing parts etc. Lately, because of tube compliments, I assume, almost all of these old consoles at the thrifts local to me have "SOLD" signs on them. I guess people are catching on. This one was too good to be true.

This "Opus" even came with a nice little custom cupboard that matches the style of the receiver's case. Homemade but very well done. Someone was extremely proud of this equipment back in 1963.

I can just sit and stare at it. Packed with all Telefunken glass except for one Bugle Boy and an Amperex.

Let me know what you think of this piece.

Thank you,
Craig