Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenrick Sound Post

Kenrick Sound Post

The post was deleted as requested by the OP It's over on AK

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Weird - but thanks!

Oh, BTW, its KenRick - no D

Kenji is in Japan and Rick Reissen is here in the US.

KENRICK SOUND

kenricksound.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    The post was deleted as requested by the OP.
    It's over on AK

Rob
    Actually, its not. It seems the OP acted remarkably like some guy who was there before and who had gotten banned for being
    a bunch of Sock Puppets. So the new guy was reported to be the same person as the older banned guy, so he got banned and cast out of the kingdom.
    It was all before my time there, I don't know more details than that, and I don't really want to know.

But I'm keeping my distance from that whole thing now - I got plenty of drama with my own speaker fun!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thanks fixed

Rob

Hi,

The thread was fine...

I only wanted a handful of pictures removed because there were too many... but the moderators are unwilling to help . Oh well. I don’t understand why Lansing Heritage doesn’t allow editing after 24 hours like AK does.

In any case, thank you everyone for the PMs . It’s exciting to own a pair of highly respected JBL loudspeakers from Kenrick Sound that sound amazing, and to share my enthusiasm with the community has been an honor.

Wishing you all the best.

- Tom

Quote Originally Posted by JBLCarousel View Post
    Hi,

The thread was fine...

I only wanted a handful of pictures removed because there were too many... but the moderators are unwilling to help .
    Oh well. I don’t understand why Lansing Heritage doesn’t allow editing after 24 hours like AK does.

Wishing you all the best.

- Tom
    Well, Lansing Forum software doesn't work like the AK site software because they are using different forum software,
    and they have different security settings (and philosophies). I did tell you to make sure you get your words and pages right
    on Lansing Forum the first time you post since it locks down 24 hours later.

But you got the speakers and that big honking Mac amp - get offline, turn them up, and enjoy the music!

Forget all this web drama!
    Last edited by hjames; 06-07-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Socket puppets
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

This only adds to the weirdness of the original thread!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Funny, I had the AK thread opened on another tab earlier today checking out details on the speakers and when I came backed later it seems to have vanished. Looks like I managed to grab half of them.

Don’t stress there might be a V2 🤫

In the absence of any material data on the KenRick product l found this thread here on LHS

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...3XX-crossovers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T04ZixWfa5c

They have a price in the order of $11500 as noted in the first link. If it’s what you want and need to do then fine.But in the same ball park one can consider the Jbl M2 or the 4367. Alternatively buy a very nice 4 way active crossover and equally nice power amps. Add some 2002 Tad compression drivers to the list and you are done. There are some interesting derivatives using large format compression drivers. It’s about competing alternatives to the same end. The devil is in the detail of these complex systems and that is where the diy fun is.

A review here of a KenRick Sound 4345. Not exactly a flattering review. Review biases aside as we know it does take some effort to dial in these complex systems. When they are setup properly they really shine.

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/0...japan.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    A review here of a KenRick Sound 4345. Not exactly a flattering review. Review biases aside as we know it does take some effort to dial in these complex systems. When they are setup properly they really shine.

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2016/0...japan.html?m=1
    Such a knowledgeable reviewer . . . he calls the 4345 "impressively large but conventional studio monitors with a 15 inch woofer, a midrange dynamic driver midrange and a horn tweeter". And he keeps comparing them to a speaker he wanted to hear but was unable to actually hear.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Well for one thing the lenses are off and that is in not helping things. Why you would demo them without them makes no sense as the lense do help the polar response. Those horns get really beamy even with the lenses on, and you need to be in the sweet spot especially height wise. I can get my 4344's to not image and have no sound stage just by using the directivity of the system against itself with poor placement. Let's face it they do not image as well as a more modern cone and dome system or a Constant Directivity 4430/Array/Revel F-206 systems but they definately do image and do have a distinctive soundstage if you take the care to set them up.

Rob

Ron Resnick joins the Mono & Stereo team, opening up his grand act with an elaborate review of the ....., Ron's down to earth, compelling, insightful and elaborate writing will be a great, valued addition to Mono and Stereo and his vision follows the quest that our team believes in. Thanks and welcome aboard Ron!"
    He is a forum guy not a profesional reviewer and who cares what he thinks. Just surprised they would demo them that way and not have them set up. Any Joe Blow can set-up a web page and start doing reviews these days and with all reviews take them with a grain of salt.

Rob

My point was that he implied it was a 3-way system with a 15-inch woofer. He can't even get the basic information correct, then spends the rest of the time "comparing" them to a system he's apparently never heard! Bunk. But then, who cares? Are there any 4345 owners here interested in selling their systems who would care about what a Goggle search might provide to impact a potential sale price? Not me!

They're likely to hit JBLCarousel's hyperbole before this guy's drivel, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Such a knowledgeable reviewer . . . he calls the 4345 "impressively large but conventional studio monitors with a 15 inch woofer, a midrange dynamic driver midrange and a horn tweeter". And he keeps comparing them to a speaker he wanted to hear but was unable to actually hear.
    Hi,

Something new for me:
    "he calls the 4345 "impressively large but conventional studio monitors with a 15 inch woofer,"
    that JBL 2245H driver is 15inch woofer. I believe that a kind of measurements error of the woofer diameter have been happened, or author glasses are wrong.
    Not to mention 4345 substantial bass reproduction.

regards
    ivica

Plonker ....

Kenji didn't give him a freebie ... We all know they're not plug and play ..... there is an art to setting them up as Ian and Bo taught me .
    Its pretty obvious Kenji wasn't too concerned or he'd have spent more time dialling them in .
    No ,they don't image like a Magico M6 at $200.000 a pair ,but they have their own way of wooing you .
    The reviewer wouldn't taste the difference between a good single malt and a bottle of paint stripper .... I mean Canadian Club .

Thread Information