Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL LX5 Vintage Speakers

JBL LX5 Vintage Speakers

Hello all,

I am trying to get some information on a set of 15 inch LX5 speakers. They are in a Vintage cherry wood cabinet with horns. I am planning on selling these and i would like to know how much they are worth. i will post some pictures so every1 can see. they are still in Excellent shape. i have had offers from $1000-$1500 from just seeing these pictures.

Any Info i would Greatly appreciate.

Thank You
    Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images     

i just recieved a call from a JBL fanatic and he said he could sell them for me for $2500-$3000 and he will take 10% off the top. are these speakers really worth that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Foss40z View Post
    i just recieved a call from a JBL fanatic and he said he could sell them for me for $2500-$3000 and he will take 10% off the top. are these speakers really worth that much?
    I don't know that they are worth that much - there are a lot of ripoffs and scams in the vintage audio business.
    But I'd say get paid up front ... or don't let them out of your sight.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Foss40z View Post
    It doesn't appear that is a JBL cabinet, though I could be wrong. They're worth, at best, what the parts will fetch separately. It appears to be an S7 system. If everything is mint, you could be looking at $1600 to $1,800 on eBay. Add at least $200 if the components are painted blue. The market has been fairly strong for LE15A's and LX5's lately. Good luck!

Your crossover (the box on the back with the wires going to it) is an LX5. The speaker load is likely to be the S7, consisting of an LE15A low-frequency, and an LE85 driver with HL91 lens/horn. A nice set but I don't recognize the cabinet as a JBL original piece. I'm not getting a good vibe about your "expert". Certainly they have some value, though probably $1000 to $1500 is more realistic considering the cabinets.

You need to determine what driver is on the horn.

To access that, you remove the woofer, unless the rear of the cabinet is removable.

You'll need to do that to take pics of the drivers when selling them, anyway....

Yes throw them on ebay. Start at a penny and see where it ends. Then you will know what they were worth at least this week.

Ebay is a funny place. I would guess closer to $1000-1200.

But what do I know

And like it has been said already make sure you have the cash in hand before you hand them over.

my suggestion

if you sell them on ebay. dont accept paypal for them. cash or money order. Paypal has a tendency to screw the wrong people when things happen.

steve

Maron Horonzakz
    That is not a JBL cabinet, The LX5 is only the crossover...Check to see what drivers are in the cabinet,,, Dont take anything for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by kc8tpr View Post
    if you sell them on ebay. dont accept paypal for them. cash or money order. Paypal has a tendency to screw the wrong people when things happen.
    Conversely, many prospective buyers find the lack of PayPal suspicious. Is there really a problem taking PayPal if you drain your account after every transaction? :dont-know

I opened up the cabinet and pulled the driver out and it is a LE15A . with LX5 crossover. the horn i am unsure about and do not want to take it out, but i snapped a picture of it. and everything is painted blue on the back.

Thanks for the Info so far guys. I appreciate it
    Attached Images Attached Images    

jay
    Nothing personal, but your pictures are crummy. Did you take them with your phone?
    You'll need better ones for an eBay auction, so why not start with good ones now? Buy or borrow a real camera and tripod setup, and you'll be rewarded with a more successful auction.

lol. this post was about getting info about the speakers, cabinet, and horns. not about cameras. i know they are not good pictures . as for selling them they are on craigslist and for pickup only. that way the person can come by and look at them in person. because i am not shipping these things. it takes 4 people to move them and i am just 1 person..

mind if i barrow your camera?

Every1 that has given me info i appreciate it and thank you. for those who like to give me info on my camera and info on how to use ebay. thank you but i dont help there. these are lansing heritage forums not ebay nor digital camera forums..

Mr.Foss

got it

Hi Foss,

refering to your pictures, I guess the mid driver is a LE75, this means that the system uses the S6 kit.

worth.....here I agree with the above postings .....about 800$ to 1200$.

...my two cents

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Foss,

refering to your pictures, I guess the mid driver is a LE75, this means that the system uses the S6 kit.

worth.....here I agree with the above postings .....about 800$ to 1200$.

...my two cents

HP

You're probably looking at $1200 just for the blue LE15A's and blue LX5's. The market has been strong for a few years on both components.

Thread Information