Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL LX5 Vintage Speakers

blue drivers

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post

You're probably looking at $1200 just for the blue LE15A's and blue LX5's. The market has been strong for a few years on both components.
    Hi Bob,

you may be right......but

a view to the LHF registry says:
    LE15A with blue basket from 175$ sold to the US and up to 400$ to Korea (per piece)
    LX5 in blue up to 275$.
    The black LE75 are low priced with about 80 to 150$ in average.
    The blue horn.......?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Hofmannhp View Post
    Hi Bob,

you may be right......but

a view to the LHF registry says:
    LE15A with blue basket from 175$ sold to the US and up to 400$ to Korea (per piece)
    LX5 in blue up to 275$.
    The black LE75 are low priced with about 80 to 150$ in average.
    The blue horn.......?

HP
    HP

In the last two years, I've seen LE15A's as high as $1250 pr. and LX5's as high as $700 pr. Things have settled down somewhat, but the market is still strong for those items. I've been watching these JBL components closely because I need both to complete a project. I made a huge mistake two summers ago getting outbid on a minty set of blue LE15's. My max was $400, they sold for $405. I thought that was high at the time. I was wrong.

prices for blue ones

HP

In the last two years, I've seen LE15A's as high as $1250 pr. and LX5's as high as $700 pr. Things have settled down somewhat, but the market is still strong for those items. I've been watching these JBL components closely because I need both to complete a project. I made a huge mistake two summers ago getting outbid on a minty set of blue LE15's. My max was $400, they sold for $405. I thought that was high at the time. I was wrong.

ok Bob,
    if this is the case, you can see that the registry hasn't tracked enough drivers.

BTW: the first blue LE15A have SN 1001, and the last about SN 5800 and all with the rectangular magnet.
    If there is another info, pls let me know.

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

So, LE75 used four bolts and a stubby horn, right?

Maybe SuperBEE should go check these out....

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    LE75 is a 1" exit driver that used a 3-bolt pattern.

JBL Dog

I just took another look at the picture. That's a 375 mounted to a rare blue H93 horn. The 1962 JBL catalog shows this configuration as an S8 component package (LE15A, 375, H93, L91 and LX5). The value of this system is now in the neighbohood of $3K to $4K sold separately. WOWZER!

I would be happy too. This guy first put these on CL for $1000 then pulled the ad and later and reposted them for $1500 both times NO ONE could come over and pay the money and buy them. Not sure what he is pulling but something is up
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

w0w .. So superbee are you 1 of the 20 or 30 people that have been calling me nonstop? lol . they were posted not knowing what they were worth. So i came to these forums to get some Valuable information and so far im getting it. NO 1 I Repeat NO 1 is comming over to buy these speakers and pick them up until i finish my Research.

Driver serial numbers are 2791 and 2792 and are LE15A

and yes it is a 375 with h93 horn.

i can get the serial number for those aswell just have to climb inside the cabinet again because im not pulling those out lol..

p.s you guys forgot to mention these drivers weight a TON
    p.s.p.s I have a 69 superbee with 426 hemi sitting in the garage lol

Mr.Foss

I guess when you run 2 adds offering to sell a set of speakers people WILL call you????

Why would someone post a CL add to sell a set of speakers TWICE at a set price then both times not really sell them then come here fishing for information?

Just seems kinda odd.

PS.......I NEVER said I called you

PPS..... I have 2 Dodge Super Bees. A 1969 and a 1970
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

just like the others who give me unusable advise about my pictures and how to use ebay. you are now a 3rd person who has unusable advise. allow me to explain so you stop gettin your panties in a bundle.

there was only 1 add posted. it was posted bye a family member of mine and he used my email and number because i handle the ebay and cl stuff. before i could get info on these speakers they got posted. i got about 15 calls and thought hmm maybe these are worth abit more so i raised the price to see how many more would call. in the process of raising the price i stumbled accross these forums and posted this topic. ( as you can see by the time and date from this topic and the edit on CL) where i gathered some serious information. and glad i came here cause i would have been and IDIOT to sell them for $1000-$1500... got it?

and yes they are still for sale because i am really moving and yes i have them in the other room right now where my father has had them for over 12-14 years. he is the 2nd owner.

any other useless questions superbee? want to buy them? name your price , if not then dont worry about it because your panties will only get dirty.

P.S Thank you Hofmannhp for registering the drivers . which he found are from 1963
    Mr.Foss

excerpt from LHF -draft- FAQ

Selling/Buying

Q: How much is (fill in the blank) worth?
    A: Ebay can be a good indicator of current monetary value. This site is not
    a replacement for doing your homework and knowing your market. Responses
    you may receive are opinion only, but may be based on some level of
    experience (don't get too disappointed or excited prematurely).

Q: I'm selling or buying some large speakers, how should they be packed to
    reduce the chance of damage?
    A: A multi-member contributed thread on the topic:
    http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbull...ad.php?t=10246
    A: Another example of a well packed low-frequency transducer:
    http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbull...ad.php?t=13469

Q: I have stuff for sale, who wants to buy it?
    A: Specify a price or "make me an offer" and ask for responses via PM
    (expect low offers)
    State if/when sold or no longer for sale (for whatever reason).
    Don't "threaten" to put it on Ebay... just do it.

JBL Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Foss40z View Post
    just like the others who give me unusable advise about my pictures and how to use ebay. you are now a 3rd person who has unusable advise. allow me to explain so you stop gettin your panties in a bundle.

there was only 1 add posted. it was posted bye a family member of mine and he used my email and number because i handle the ebay and cl stuff. before i could get info on these speakers they got posted. i got about 15 calls and thought hmm maybe these are worth abit more so i raised the price to see how many more would call. in the process of raising the price i stumbled accross these forums and posted this topic. ( as you can see by the time and date from this topic and the edit on CL) where i gathered some serious information. and glad i came here cause i would have been and IDIOT to sell them for $1000-$1500... got it?

and yes they are still for sale because i am really moving and yes i have them in the other room right now where my father has had them for over 12-14 years. he is the 2nd owner.

any other useless questions superbee? want to buy them? name your price , if not then dont worry about it because your panties will only get dirty.

P.S Thank you Hofmannhp for registering the drivers . which he found are from 1963
    Mr.Foss

This is not necessary, Mr. Foss. You came here trolling for information and you got it. It's time to move on.

sorry about that JBL Dog. thank you guys for the information i appreciate it.

Later

Bingo!

It seems our new member Foss40z is the only one here with dirty or bundled panties.

I say "Adios"

This is not necessary, Mr. Foss. You came here trolling for information and you got it. It's time to move on.
    Paragon
    Olympus
    L-100's
    4311's

Thread Information