Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cascade

i too, have contemplated on using an ns1000 tweeter on my L-250's to see what that sounded like? that is one great tweeter.

regards

Sorry to revive this old thread

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    The LE109 really is a one-off. Greg thought he used a "half-weight" 112H/2108H type cone and then made up the difference with aquaplas.
    "half-weight" 112H, does that mean that a mass ring was remove in the orinal kit? (I did not know that driver had a mass ring).
    Is the final MMS identical?

Hello Pos

The last round of cone kits were smooth, no ribs. If you measure the FS your are about 20Hz high. You could always take a pair of these for starters and add mass until you get an FS match to the original cone. Or of course just try them as is, they look just like miniature 2122's. Your not going to miss the LF response anyway in a 4 way.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Getting into 2250j territory here perhaps / Different motor and impedence hey we're amongst friends.
    Didn't that guy in LA have these a lot for cheap out of vertecs ?

The LE109 seems to have the original ribbed cone: http://test.audioheritage.org/Images.../XPL-250_e.jpg

I have a pair or 112H with original cones that will need new surrounds and spiders. If there is a mass ring in there it will get removed for sure, as I will run it active anyway, and adding mass for the mass (ie without any stiffness or damping benefit like aquaplas would bring) has no interest in this situation and would only force those "tiny" underhung VC to dissipate more heat...

But frankly I doubt there is a mass ring in there, so that "half weight" 112H cone in the LE109 has me curious...

Obsolete
    No mass rings were used in the 112A/H or 2108A/H.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pos View Post
    The LE109 seems to have the original ribbed cone: http://test.audioheritage.org/Images.../XPL-250_e.jpg

I have a pair or 112H with original cones that will need new surrounds and spiders. If there is a mass ring in there it will get removed for sure, as I will run it active anyway, and adding mass for the mass (ie without any stiffness or damping benefit like aquaplas would bring) has no interest in this situation and would only force those "tiny" underhung VC to dissipate more heat...

But frankly I doubt there is a mass ring in there, so that "half weight" 112H cone in the LE109 has me curious...
    Just as an info
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Just as an info
    Very professional
    46 lover

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Very professional
    Thanks!

Yeah, I posted alot of that kind of thing years ago. I think alot of it was lost between the various versions of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, I posted alot of that kind of thing years ago. I think alot of it was lost between the various versions of the forum.
    Might there be a way to combine them all within the Technical Reference forum? Or are they hidden in there already??
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Might there be a way to combine them all within the Technical Reference forum? Or are they hidden in there already??
    That is VERY GOOD suggestion.

Ivica

Thread Information