Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha P-2200

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Welcome to Lansing Heritage! You're in Indianapolis? Yes, these are classic amps, deserving of being repaired and or rebuilt. They are oldies but goodies!

Go to Audiokarma.org and become a member there. Then search for member Avionic, he's in Fort Dodge, Iowa which isn't too far (500 miles) so shipping may not be awful, just pack them really well.

Here's his member info:
    http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/member.php?u=14955

Or you could start a thread there to see who else might be recommended that may be closer or also can do the work, assuming you can ship. Another member is Echowars who is in Kansas City, Mo. But he is also very busy.

Regards,

Bart (mech986 here and at AK)

I really appreciate the fact that you shared that info, but apparently that site is closing or something ... It is no longer allowing new member registrations.

WTF!!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by BeDome View Post
    I really appreciate the fact that you shared that info, but apparently that site is closing or something ... It is no longer allowing new member registrations.

WTF!!

Anyone else have any ideas?
    I've PM'ed you with his email. Apparently, Audiokarma is preparing for a new server migration so they are not able to process new registrations for a while. I'll post back here when that is done, meanwhile you can contact Avionic through email.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Hi Guys,

Sorry for reopening this thread. If necessary, start a new thread.

I have a number of Yamaha power amps for a while now. One P2100 and two P2200's. They work perfectly and I have never problems with them. There mounted in a big flightcase with active an self made active cooling system.

Well now my question. One of my P2200 had XLR as speaker outputs. Someone in the past built them in. Because the hole is already there, I replace them with speakon. Nothing difficult. But, opening the amp was giving me a new view over all of the parts with a layer of dirt on them. And, I saw that the voltage switch is on 220V. Shouldn't it be on 240V? The AC supply in The Netherlands is around 230V.

So there are two questions.

1. Should I remove the dirt in the amp even if its working perfectly? There is no hum or anything. Just working perfectly.
    2. Should I set the voltage selector to 240V?

Thanks for reading my post!

Robert.

Name:  IMAG0474-kl.jpg
Views: 2385
Size:  96.0 KB

AWESOME amps.
    And love the meters
    I can always use another one ( hint hint)

Now that the cover is removed, I suggest getting rid of that dust. I like starting with a vacuum cleaner and a brush. That shall get rid of most of the dust, then finish off with some compressed air.

I have three P2200, two PC2002 and one PC1002. I noticed that the P2200 have burnt bulbs. I will look into changing them with same size LEDs, most likely 12v. I will remove a dead bulb from one of my for-parts P2200 and look into the supplier below

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Lee

BTW If anybody has a big round power supply for a P2200, please let me know ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by detroit-rock View Post
    AWESOME amps.
    And love the meters
    I can always use another one ( hint hint)
    Hi Detroit-Rock, and welcome to LH! Do you need the metered P2200 or non-metered P2201? How many do you need? Can we assume you are in Detroit or elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    BTW If anybody has a big round power supply for a P2200, please let me know ;-)
    Lee, did you have a unit blow up or fail?
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Lee, did you have a unit blow up or fail?
    I didn't blow on me. I bought it for cheap, like that. I had all output transistors changed but forgot to check the power supply.

Thanks mech986.
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Now that the cover is removed, I suggest getting rid of that dust. I like starting with a vacuum cleaner and a brush. That shall get rid of most of the dust, then finish off with some compressed air.
    Yes, that will do the job I think.

Anyone has answer on the 220/240 volt question?

Hi Robert, I know a guy who knows a lot about the professional amps from Yamaha, especially the P2200 (BTW, I also had one -loved it).
    He also does some mods to make them sound better.

You can find him on Audiofreaks(dot)nl forum by the name "Jerry". He lives in Tilburg.

Ah, oke nice! Thanks for the advice. I'm a member of Audiofreaks so I will sent him a message.

220/240 Volts question

Quote Originally Posted by r.kettenis View Post
    Yes, that will do the job I think.

Anyone has answer on the 220/240 volt question?
    All the voltages are defined as +/- 10 %. In Europe by now we have 230 Volts +/- 10 %.

If you select 220 Volts at the amp and feed it with more (230 Volts) then some components in the amp may get overtaxed with too high voltage.

If you select 240 Volts at the amp and feed it with less (230 Volts) then the amp will clip sooner, but nothing will break.

If the amp has a regulated power supply (I bet it doesn't) then with 240 Volts selected there may be insufficient regulator reserve.

Select 240 Volts.

Ruediger

Thanks!

The amps are now switch t to 240V. Last Friday had a wedding party. Setup was two Yamaha P2200 and two Yamaha F1030 crossovers. Speakers where Altec 8254, but with 3156's in it for the bass, for MF and HF I used two Tannoy Puma's (first series). Sound was great. People came to me because they were not familiar with such a sound on party's. Also did the Lights with 8 Par 64 and 8 Par 56 and some special effects.

Name:  IMG-20140629-WA0003.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  106.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0500.jpg
Views: 2253
Size:  176.8 KB

Name:  IMAG0492.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  308.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0491.jpg
Views: 2215
Size:  319.0 KB

Nice vintage PA gear

I wonder how do the F1030's sound, it looks like they use trafo's on the XLR outputs.

Thread Information