Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yamaha P-2200

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    BTW If anybody has a big round power supply for a P2200, please let me know ;-)
    You are in luck, there's one on ebay right now, and in Canada no less.

eBay item number:

Not cheap!
    Mike Scott in SJ, CA
    Drive 'em to the Xmax!

And it's 100V too

Quote Originally Posted by martin2395 View Post
    Nice vintage PA gear

I wonder how do the F1030's sound, it looks like they use trafo's on the XLR outputs.
    Thanks!

I like the sound of the F1030's but i'm looking for something else. Not because of the sound but they are in bad shape and for the most, the lowest cross frequency is 250 Hz. I want to experiment with lower cross to 80Hz or something. Also want to combine the 8254's with Altec 816 and a 511B horn. In that case I want the 816 to do the full low-mid range. It is possible with the F1040's in three way (lowest cross to 80Hz) but when you use those in two way setup the lowest cross is 500 Hz.

So, looking for new Vintage active crossovers.

Robert, I use BSS FDS-360 crossover in my setup with the 4343's at home the only drawback is that it uses fixed frequency cards so to change the x-over frequency you have to solder different capacitors en resistors.

If you need something modern you might want to take a look at the DBX 223/224 gear but I think that they are no match to an older, but high end unit (assuming it's still working within the spec).
    I'd avoid Behringer and other el-cheapo gear as they are sometimes noisy and doesn't sound well.

By the way - do you have any cooling fans on the back of your rack?

I mostly work with Vintage equipment so the new crossover will have to be vintage to. In the F1030 are also cards so maybe I can change them there. But, a lot of effort when just trying what sounds best.

I have two big cooling fans under the lowest Amp and two big ones that blow headed air out of the case so there is a good airflow true the cooling fins of the amps. I can let them give full power for many hours without overheating so that is good. That is also the reason why the crossovers are not together in the case but one under and one in the upper. It is because there are the cooling fans and the crossovers are not so deep into the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 4343 View Post
    You are in luck, there's one on ebay right now, and in Canada no less.
    Thanks for the hint. Not too far from me either. But yeah. Not cheap. And the guy "thinks" it fits a P2200. I will have to ask him where it comes from. and most likley, the same transformer, he will sell on Kijiji for cheaper ;-)

Cool Simple question about Crown

I love the Yamaha gear as much as the next guy, I have three P2200s, a P2201, two P2100s, three P2050s, two thirty one band EQs, a digital reverb/echo unit and a P2040 all working still. (I have to admit to also owning two p2200s and one P2201 which have failed)

But what would be wrong with subbing in a Crown VFX-2 for instance.
    They have continuously variable crossover points (I use one in my bi-amped sub system crossed at 22Hz), plenty of clean voltage to drive anything. You are stuck with two way, but two of them makes a nice three way set up.
    I have six of them; four that I had bought new and two from eBay sellers and never had a single sniffle from any one of them.

I can see the appeal of owning a vintage all Yamaha system, so if that is it, then I bow out.

Volume Knob

Hi All....

Newbie to this forum...

I have a near mint P2200 missing a Volume knob.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get one.....sell me one? I would actually take 2.

I absolutely love reading all the posts

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TriadGuy View Post
    Hi All....

Newbie to this forum...

Can anyone direct me to where I can get one.....sell me one? I would actually take 2.

Thanks!!
    Have you checked eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Have you checked eBay?

Every day

P2200 used to be a dime a dozen. But it looks like the vintage hype has caught up. I bought many P2200 and P2002 a few years ago for around $200.00 in great shape. They now cost a bit more nowadays and I am surprised that spares aren't more widely available.

Had you been local to me, I would have sold you a complete P2200 without transformer. Not taking it apart. It now sits at the bottom of the rack w/ a pair of P2200 and another pair of P2002. And a P1002. They are all used on daily basis. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TriadGuy View Post
    Hi All....

Newbie to this forum...

Thanks!!
    Where are you located? There are a number of Yamaha amps and units of that era that have knobs that should fit. The PC2002, P2100, P2050 etc. have similar knobs. Look for a parts unit that may be close to you. There's one on Ebay here in Burbank that's decently cheap but shipping to you may add a lot. Little known but I think the F1030 and F1040 active crossover filter networks also have similar knobs although I can't say for certain without checking the part numbers in the service manuals of both units.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Thread Information