Thread: How to remove risers on L65 Jubals?

How to remove risers on L65 Jubals?

Awesome forum, gang.
    I have a pair of L65 Juballs and want to get them on some metal stands like the L100s have. I cannot seem to find how the risers are attached and do not want to run the speakers or the risers in removal. Any one know a DEFINITIVE answer on how remove the ~1.5" black risers on the bottom on the speakers?

Greetings and welcome,

Maybe instead of stands, you should use a plinth. That way you would not have to take a saw to a classic.

Ed
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

don't know how definitive my memory is, but .... I had the same issue abt 10 years ago, wanting to put them on stands.

remember flipping onto backs , the risers are only 3 sided and rather cheap looking.

they weren't glued on, just some fasteners ... screws, I think.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Kreamer View Post
    Greetings and welcome,

Maybe instead of stands, you should use a plinth. That way you would not have to take a saw to a classic.

Ed
    Ed--I wouldn't take a saw to them. Just wondering if they are screwed on or brad nailed/glued from the inside? I felt around and couldn't find anything; I dont wanna gut the cabinets if someone else has a definitive "no, they are not screwed from the inside or fastened otherwise."

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    don't know how definitive my memory is, but .... I had the same issue abt 10 years ago, wanting to put them on stands.

remember flipping onto backs , the risers are only 3 sided and rather cheap looking.

they weren't glued on, just some fasteners ... screws, I think.
    I don't see any screws in them. I want to be clear, I am not an idiot but if they are screwed, it is from the inside and I just want a definitive answer before I rip out the insulation. These are like time capsules and I don't wanna screw with them to no avail. Does that jog your memory any more? Thanks!

Forgive the typos; iDevice.

Screws from the inside was going to be my guess, but wasn't a definitive answer so I didn't weigh in. You should be able to probe around in there with a screwdriver or magnet and find the screw heads if that's how they are attached without having to remove the insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDocHollywood View Post
    Awesome forum, gang.
    I have a pair of L65 Juballs and want to get them on some metal stands like the L100s have. I cannot seem to find how the risers are attached and do not want to run the speakers or the risers in removal. Any one know a DEFINITIVE answer on how remove the ~1.5" black risers on the bottom on the speakers?

Hi,

Here's an excellent thread ( to revive ) to ask your "a-fixin" question into ( it's located over at AudioKarma ).

JBL L-65 cab plans.

The boys in Alaska should be able to retrieve the definitive answers that you seek ( if they still have their cabinets ).

PS; Interesting ( at least to me ) the crossover seems to be bolted in from the underside of the box ( IOW; the screw/bolt heads should be visible from the bottom side ).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Hi,

Here's an excellent thread ( to revive ) to ask your "a-fixin" question into ( it's located over at AudioKarma ).

JBL L-65 cab plans.

The boys in Alaska should be able to retrieve the definitive answers that you seek ( if they still have their cabinets ).

PS; Interesting ( at least to me ) the crossover seems to be bolted in from the underside of the box ( IOW; the screw/bolt heads should be visible from the bottom side ).

Thanks. I revived that old thread!

My crossovers are mounted on the back inside wall of the cabinet. Pretty interesting to see the different ways they do things depending on the year.

Thread Information