Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBL 46710K

JBL 46710K

Any one familiar with these? I believe there pro sound. 15 " with a bi-radial horn.I don't really care for the pro sound but how would these sound.Anyone ever heard them? As Always thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

jbl
    Great sounding system. Very realistic. Have mine in my main system since 1985.
    Here's what I did with the 4507 cabinet for home use.

jbl
    A few more pics.
    Makes a great home system.

Ron

Did you paint the tops? They look very nice and I think I'm gonna go and get them. Thanks!

jbl
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Did you paint the tops? They look very nice and I think I'm gonna go and get them. Thanks!
    No. That's acrylic. Cut to size by a great place that has since gone out of business. They made perfect cuts.

You have the 4671OK. That's the 'Enclosed' system. I bought the drivers separately then the 4507 cabinets. I then needed to invert the cabs then cut the baffle to install the 2425/2370.
    Your system uses the 2226 & 2426.

The 2225/2226 works best in these cabinets. The bass response goes down to 33 Hz. The 'slam' is fantastic.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Think I will do that to mine.I am picking them up tonight.

Hi!

I have started a thread: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...=seeker&page=3
    where I am proposing the following:
    2405h - 077 8Ohm with the prism (former jubal)
    2425j
    2225h

The horn isn't decided yet but I think that I'll be going for H91 and appropriate lens (seems hard to find so I'll be happy with what I'll get)...

I have had some questions regarding choice of bass driver. For me it was simple, I have almost always had too much bass in my room and I have gotten bass shy as someone wrote... Therefore I want to try the 2225 with a little larger box (75 litres) to assure myself that there will bo no "booom bass" solution.

What do you think of the 2225? what is our listening position, speaker position and amplifier driving them? Also what crossover?

Qestions I know, but I am getting better at this and eventually I'll be of some use?

/Patrik

2way

The 4671 ( and the 4671OK ) cabinet was popular for club installs since it was compact and loud. The crossover supplied wasn't very good so most of the time it was biamped.

Adding a 2405 / 077 would help a little on the top end but that horn / driver combo goes MUCH higher than the old conical horn / plastic lens / AL diaphram combinations with better pattern control so you might not need it at all.

There are a number of JBL 553 crossovers on ebay right now that would allow a LOT of adjustment and balancing if you wanted to triamp.

sub

jbl
    The supplied X-over for the 4671 was the 3110A. The 4671OK offered a built in X over. I don't remember the X over part number, but it wasn't the stock 3110A.

Ron

JBL 4645
    That looks nice like the quad ports around the 15” bass mid driver.

jbl
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    Thanks Ron. Think I will do that to mine.I am picking them up tonight.
    Post some pics when you get them.

Ron

For Sale ??

Hey do you want to put a price on these JBL's ??

I have one of these for sale

My issue is that I only have one.. other than that it's great. However since I don't really need it and I only have one I think I should sell it. Can anyone tell me a fair market value? Any one interested in it?
    I did the carpet cover job myself so I don't know if that detracts from the interest. I had hoped to use

JBL 4645
    I was just thinking hold on, isn’t the JBL 46710K a bit similar in ways to JBL 4671-A cinema professional, I can’t find an image of it on Google image. Only the enclosure makes the two look different, the HF horn JBL 2426J looks almost similar.

I’m looking at brochure “cinema sound systems” hard to tell which one I like, well I like the cinema model the horn makes it easy to tilt downwards.

Can anyone tell me if this speaker is worth anything at all?
    Or should I just junk it? Only having one can't be a good thing.

Thread Information