Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L300 Find. Rebuild Advice Please. (pics)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Weren't 135A's white on the front? L300's took 136A's?
    Yeah. Figured it was a typo. Or I misunderstood and the seller was offering them as replacements for the 136s. My offer still stands, regardless!

Thumbs up Not FAIR......

Quote Originally Posted by Gary L View Post
    NOT FAIR HEINZ! I just pointed out what he already made clear he could not do! Sure we all would say keep them and love them but my take was he needs to flip and it's never good for any of us to go against the grain when our wives detest such nice speakers and would relegate them to the garage.

I would pull the trigger alot quicker on a completely untouched pair then I ever would with someone I don't know doing and claiming they were professionally restored. Sorry, True JBL fans would highly prefer to do it themselves and make a great project of it.

I seriously doubt you will even get any real added value even if you get them reconed by a JBL authorized repair shop. You will have to spend some serious dollars there as well as lots of time and effort and by the time you add what you put in against what you get back you will probably find you wasted your time and effort.

Do as you like as they sure are yours but more then a few here have already given excellent advice and answers to your questions.

You state you got them for next to nothing and can flip them right here for a cool grand but thats not enough. Maybe others here will be willing to help you make more!

Gary
    GARY !! PM me if you will continue this discussion. In respect to keep this tread "on topic" !!

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Pledge isn't gonna fix that crack. Of course neither will Howard's Feed-N-Wax.

"Say the magic woid and the birdie will drop down...."
    I'm not sure what your refering to?? As far as I can see, the cabinets are not cracked or dammaged in any way. True, in the photo you can see the line where the walnut vaneer is seamed together at the top but It doesn't look like a crack in the wood in person.

I guess your right, in short of re-vaneering the entire cabinet with a single piece of walnut vaneer you'll always see the seams.

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    I guess your right, in short of re-vaneering the entire cabinet with a single piece of walnut vaneer you'll always see the seams.
    Not on the really nice ones that bring all the money on Epay. That's ok. I told you I could live with it.

"I like my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth every once in a while."

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    I'm not sure what your referring to?? As far as I can see, the cabinets are not cracked or damaged in any way. True, in the photo you can see the line where the walnut veneer is seamed together at the top but It doesn't look like a crack in the wood in person.

I guess your right, in short of re-veneering the entire cabinet with a single piece of walnut veneer you'll always see the seams.
    No offense meant, but it looks visible to me even in those pictures
    All I did was blow it up a bit ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

crack me up

If memory serves me, that "crack" is the seam between the particleboard veneered side and a rectangular solid wood trim piece. My L220's have the same scheme.

Wood of different types do not contract and expand the same with changes in humidity and that seam, and it's (sorry) cheap glue has separated a bit.

Pull them off, clean the mating surfaces, glue /align / clamp and you are good for another 30yrs.

sub

Thread Information