Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one familar with Circle Stereo in Dripping Springs

Any one familar with Circle Stereo in Dripping Springs

I send my McIntosh Dec.19-2007 for a complete restoration to Circle Stereo located in Dripping Springs. I payed him $ 350,- for a complete restoration.
    But now he doesn't answer my mails anymore. It looks like he is trying to steel the unit.
    I found different people on the web who had a very bad experience with that guy named Bill Green. From some of them he also stole nice hifi gear, or send it back after a long long time, a year a later. Some of them had to call the police to get back there hifi gear, and when it came back he had fucked up the amplifier and couldn't repair it he said.
    Is there any one on this forum who had some experience with Circle Stereo ?
    Thanks

Circle Stereo in Dripping Springs, Texas?

I've seen their web site but don't have much info on them. Dripping Springs is an artsy laid back small town about 50 miles SW of Austin, Texas. The Texas Attorney General is pretty aggressive on consumer scams so I would send Circle Stereo a Certified Letter (Return Receipt) demanding your equipment be returned. That's a place to start... after that you can get a lot more aggressive. Sorry you're having trouble with a Texan, usually we're a helpful bunch.

Circle stereo Ebay ID
    Meet the sellerSeller:lionrr12( 125) Feedback:100% PositiveMember:since Dec-10-01 in United States

Here is his reply and where I left it as I know he wants to find out who's amp this is about:

Hi there, I appreciate your note. It all sounds pretty strange to me. What is LH Forums by the way, I am not aware of it. Thanks, Bill

- lionrr12

This reminds me of the time I had a moron in arkansas selling on ebay try to jerk me around and to his suprise I was beating on his door with authority at 7:30am on the following saturday so I could find out what his malfunction was.We were face to face and was his move which never came,he made good and I was on the road back to KC.I'd drive there and find out what the deal is on your amp or get it back.You let this clown get away with this and your out an amp.
    Last edited by neanderthal; 02-02-2008 at 04:34 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I'd drive there and find out what the deal is on your amp or get it back.You let this clown get away with this and your out an amp.
    You did notice the location of the original poster, didn't you?

YIKES!!! should of put my glasses on

Hello AltecLansingFan,
    Your situation has inspired me to register at this forum.
    I phoned that guy 5 or so years ago looking for a knob or something an it took a while for him to return my call. Just looked up his website. PM me some info on your amp, order#, serial#, model# etc. and I'll stop by and check on it. Just drove through Dripping yesterday darn it.

Wish me luck

circle stereo

I sent him an SX 1980 and it took about six months to get back. He was ok at emails and did call me on my cell to give me updates quite often. I will tell you this when I got my unit back it was FLAWLESS and is PERFECT. It was a peice of crap when i sent it. That having been said I sent him another on Jan 10 08 and have emailed several times with no response. I would say give it time. However I will drive down there if it gets ugly. It is a 10 hour drive from omaha. Email me @ [email protected] direct for mor info.

Quote Originally Posted by AltecLansingFan View Post
    I send my McIntosh Dec.19-2007 for a complete restoration to Circle Stereo located in Dripping Springs. I payed him $ 350,- for a complete restoration.
    But now he doesn't answer my mails anymore. It looks like he is trying to steel the unit.
    I found different people on the web who had a very bad experience with that guy named Bill Green. From some of them he also stole nice hifi gear, or send it back after a long long time, a year a later. Some of them had to call the police to get back there hifi gear, and when it came back he had fucked up the amplifier and couldn't repair it he said.
    Is there any one on this forum who had some experience with Circle Stereo ?
    Thanks
    In the future, www.audioclassics.com, Vestal NY, near Binghamton, McIntosh people like Rich Modaferi, etc, EXCELLENT repairs, restoration and sales of used and vintage and some new McIntosh gear.

I bought a nice, super clean MC-2125, cost me $1299, I thought I overpaid a bit, BUT, pristine condition, and works wonderful.

THIS is where you go for Mc repairs and sales.

I,m sorry you have had a bad experience, so, for future use, www.audioclassics.com is COMPLETELY REPUTABLE, and their work and sales are TOP NOTCH!!

File your complaint with Texas authorities, my parents live in Texas, and THEY DONT F%$K around. Texas law is stiff.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by JBobL View Post
    Hello AltecLansingFan,
    Your situation has inspired me to register at this forum.
    I phoned that guy 5 or so years ago looking for a knob or something an it took a while for him to return my call. Just looked up his website. PM me some info on your amp, order#, serial#, model# etc. and I'll stop by and check on it. Just drove through Dripping yesterday darn it.

Wish me luck
    Bob,

it might be wise to get an email from the Dutch Highlands giving you permission to act on his behalf. Its great to see us help each-other out in situations like this. Well done !

Rich

I did ask him to PM me.
    I have an ancient Sansui amp with one of his old addresses in Austin on it.
    I went to a McIntosh clinic in Austin almost 20 years ago. An annual power test (max clean W/THD) and show. I'll check to see if it still happens.
    I drive thru there occasionally especially in Spring with all the wildflowers in bloom. Bluebonnets, paintbrushes, etc.

circle stereo

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Bob,

it might be wise to get an email from the Dutch Highlands giving you permission to act on his behalf. Its great to see us help each-other out in situations like this. Well done !

Rich
    Thank you Rich,
    I was a little late with my reaction, because I was a few weeks not at home, so I couldn't login. I just gave Bob a PM today.
    By the way it's not so easy to get my amp shipped, he is still there, and it looks like Mister Green needs a lot of time to ship the amp. I hope I can enjoy my amp before I'm retired, I'm now 53 so....????

MC2100 arrived!

Hi guys,
    It took a while, but yesterday my MC2100 arrived in good shape.
    My amp was there a long time,(about 13 weeks) so I can not tell you that Circle Stereo is fast, but the work he did was fantastic. The amp looks like a million dollar amp. So let me say: End good, All good.

That's funny, I use an MC 2100 to power my Altec Valencias. What Altecs do you drive with your MC 2100?

How much total are you in the amp at this point? How much was shipping back and forth? I am only curious because shipping on ebay fluctuates for these units and wondering exactly how much it does cost to ship (for future reference).

Just last week I found this guy on eBay -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330218408392

He has over 30 years of experience in repairing McIntosh gear. He has worked at Fifth Avenue Audio in Scottsdale, Jerry's Audio in Phoenix, and now he is the McIntosh repair person for L & M audio in Phoenix, which is the LARGEST retailer of McIntosh audio in Arizona.

I initially took the MC 2100 to him to get a reading on the channels. I was surprised when he showed me that the amp was way under performing and one of the capacitors was leaking.

He quickly ordered parts and in less than a week, the parts arrived and the unit was cleaned up and ready to pick up, same day.

When I hooked it back up, I was SHOCKED! It sounds a MILLION times better. I could not be more happy with the service that Audio Doctor provided.

I HIGHLY urge anyone who is either in Arizona or close to Arizona, to use this guy for McIntosh repairs. TOP NOTCH service.

For only $318.58, he completely did an overhaul and best part of all - he is in Phoenix, Arizona so I could take it to him and pick it up.

Took less than a week to get back. I can't imagine being without my amp for more than 4 months!

From looking at the pictures, did Circle replace the Capacitors? What did he do for $350?

Last edited by lovethatsound; 03-20-2008 at 06:17 AM. Reason: spelling/grammar

[quote=lovethatsound;204820]That's funny, I use an MC 2100 to power my Altec Valencias. What Altecs do you drive with your MC 2100? .........

Yes he replaced about 17 capacitors and things like that, cleaned the amp wonderful inside and out, so I do not complain about that. I did not listen to the amp yet, because the amp must be switched to 220 Volt. At this moment the amp is on its way to a Dutch "Audio Doctor" called Mister Bassman, to switch the amp, and test the amp, I know this guy, and he is one of the best here in Holland and cheap. link: www.misterbassman.nl
    I restored the MC2100 in the USA because the dollar is low at this moment, and I thought in the USA they have some more experience with the McIntosh brand.

Congratulations! Glad you finally received it. What was it packaged in? A wooden crate?

Thread Information