I had the distinct pleasure of visiting Mr. Widget's base of operations in San Francisco last night, and all I can say is wow!

'Drove in to pick up a couple Sub 1500s delivered there, and got a great A/B comparison of them in both small sealed cabinets and larger ported cabinets. Four Sub 1500s spread across the soundstage, with video projection to a screen that I'm guessing was at least 10' x 7'!! And what a great room! 12' (?) ceilings, with drapes all the way around, and a couple racks of equipment to run it all! Most bands would be jealous to have such a place for a studio, much less a home theater!

No question at all - the Sub 1500 is probably the last sub anyone will ever want or need - outstanding! And a place like Mr. Widget's is the perfect audition! (We both agreed we slightly preferred the sound of the larger ported cabinets over the smaller sealed units.) And until Widget's, I'd never imagined seeing a cat, (his), stretch itself out on the carpet while listening to the Matrix at over 105dB!

Widget also showed me his "widget" shop, including the CNC machine, plus some nice prototype work on the Project May horns. He then gave me the grand tour of the rest of the place, including the loft he and his wife call home.

Anyway, what a great visit, and what a great "home" theater! The forum is lucky to have a member like Mr. Widget - a great resource, and a great guy too!

John