Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You mean they like JBL!
    For example ...
    I am still wondering how cats always know these places where they are adored best (and where they have the best overview).

PS: Laser pointer is the best! Speed!

JBL 4645
    LOL that is crewel LOL I took short video in the kitchen as that has the best light for the camera. Hold on going to upload on youtube. Sooty couldn’t make heads or tails of it? LOL

I'd never seen it on youtube.

Couple of years ago I was building a fence and had a laser level out and turned it on to test the batteries and the cat went berserk.

Now all I have to do is make a clicking sound (like the switch) and the cat will "wakeup" immediately. It's become a morning ritual now; Newton (first cat was Figaro, or Fig for short) whines until he gets some time chasing the red dot around.
    Share what you know, learn what you don't...

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by WDJ View Post
    I'd never seen it on youtube.

Couple of years ago I was building a fence and had a laser level out and turned it on to test the batteries and the cat went berserk.

Now all I have to do is make a clicking sound (like the switch) and the cat will "wakeup" immediately. It's become a morning ritual now; Newton (first cat was Figaro, or Fig for short) whines until he gets some time chasing the red dot around.

Your right mine is going nuts it will do anything hold on I’m going to try something.

JBL 4645
    Sooty and laser beam going nuts!
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fyr2rprcsUA

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Sooty and laser beam going nuts!
    Most cats will go nuts trying to catch the little red laser light, but I also think it's a little cruel that they never catch it and just get frustrated instead. If I play with my cat and a laser, I always make sure to give her some "quality" attention at the same time, so she just doesn't think the world's messin' with her... Also - that laser light can be damaging to the eyes - be sure that doesn't happen!

As an alternative - I also put together a shiny bright red bead at the end of a length of fishing line, which when whipped about, the cat finds almost as intriguing as the laser light, with the added bonus that I let her catch it now and then.

John

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Most cats will go nuts trying to catch the little red laser light, but I also think it's a little cruel that they never catch it and just get frustrated instead. If I play with my cat and a laser, I always make sure to give her some "quality" attention at the same time, so she just doesn't think the world's messin' with her... Also - that laser light can be damaging to the eyes - be sure that doesn't happen!

As an alternative - I also put together a shiny bright red bead at the end of a length of fishing line, which when whipped about, the cat finds almost as intriguing as the laser light, with the added bonus that I let her catch it now and then.

John
    Oh, good heavens no, I’m not a Muppet I’d never point a laser into someone’s or pets eyes damn!

I like the expression on kittens face priceless they seem tame and clam yet very active and fit. I listened to Sooty heart beating a few nights ago. Animals beat faster to keep them warm.

So how many cats do you have I mean one is enough for me otherwise the mess or the smell of stale cat piss urine would be enough to die from!

Yeah I’ve been to this neighbour across the road and the stale stench make my throat burn! He has three cats and cat piss all over the kitchen cat shit as well on the kitchen work tops everyone! No word of lie!

The bathroom as cat shit on the floor and I don’t know if it was water or cat piss lying on the floor! Disgusting!

I was only over there a few hours ago for the second time because the Bournemouth council is doing a check-up on the properties an if they where to go into this guys flat they’d be gasping for air within 10 seconds!!!

I and another neighbour downstairs wanted to give this guy the heads-up I couldn’t really care less if this guy likes to live like an animal because I don’t think its fair on the two cats and the new kitten to live in foul mess of shit-hole!

I feel like telling the cat protection organisation because if they saw the living conditions that this person has lowered, himself down to they’d get a court order to have the cats re-homed or a simple clean the flat up literally. The windows are closed and there are about 40 or so flies buzzing around I’m not making this stuff up as I go along.

I had to place my coat in the washing machine when I left because the smell was lingering on my coat its that bad the air is that bad you need fucking breathing mask!

JBL 4645
    I had no chose I made a call to Cat Protection and they think the guy “needs help”.

I bet cat shelters are more cleaner than what I saw or lets say I’ve seen tramps living cleaner than this. It might be the guys flat but when see how the cats are living in such filth the buck stops hare! Something as to be done.

I’m not sure if all the cats are male because if one is female he’s going to be deep up to face with cat piss and shit I really don’t think he empties it out, to be truthful. I remove the cat crap as soon as Sooty goes to the litter-tray I empty it the litter out, well the first-time was two weeks ago and I should be getting near to emptying out sometime next week.

Cat litter doesn’t cost much from ASDA or most shops and I feel this guy just lets the cats shit and piss all over the kitchen. Oh, my stomach is starting to turn now just be thinking and talking about it.

The lady on the phone got the general idea of what I was describing, some people are just filthy and it’s unnecessary.

In the morning I’m popping down to the council even thou it’s none of my damn business I’m thinking about the cat’s wellbeing living in filthy. I don’t really care what else someone does in there home this is crewel and think of the, infects and germs yes GERMS lining in that flat!

So effective in the morning I’m going to be discrete towards the council and ask that they be discrete in handling the situation because lord knows how long his flat as been like this the cat fur on the carpet! What carpet it might as well be just tiles and cat fur at least it would be easier to keep clean each and ever single day or the week month and year.

JBL 4645
    Yeah, I’ve reported it this afternoon to the council.

I’ve seen tramps living cleaner than this! I bet the cat shelters smell cleaner also!

I said to the woman at the council office to take scarf and spray it with (body deodorant) and (wrap the scarf around your face and if that fails you’ll need radiation suit and breathing mask it’s that BAD!)

I swear if you had (Geiger counter) the needle will bend and melt due to the heaving foul stele of cat piss and crap that is clinging to the kitchen worktops! I’m not making this stuff up! The Bournemouth council will be doing an inspection of the outer exterior property this (Thursday) and this is really for his own benefit and the poor cats and third cat or kitten! Lord knows how many places they must have sprayed cat urine over that flat!

I took a second look yesterday with a downstairs neighbour who’s a bit weird in mean he isn’t too shape if you get my meaning? I thought it would be the decent thing to give the guy the heads up!

Anyway it’s out of my hands now. I don’t know what the other residents think when they walk into there flat that is opposite his they must be gasping for fresh ice cold water!

One more thing I swear that I can see glowing oder-ish glow coming from the windows at night-time smells BAD!!!!

JBL 4645
    Three little kittens they lost their mittens, and they began to cry,
    "Oh mother dear, we sadly fear that we have lost our mittens."
    "What! Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!
    Then you shall have no pie."
    "Meeow, meeow, meeow, now we shall have no pie."
    The three little kittens they found their mittens,
    And they began to cry,
    "Oh mother dear, see here, see here
    For we have found our mittens."
    "Put on your mittens, you silly kittens
    And you shall have some pie"
    "Meeow, meeow, meeow,
    Now let us have some pie."
    The three little kittens put on their mittens
    And soon ate up the pie,
    "Oh mother dear, we greatly fear
    That we have soiled our mittens."
    "What! soiled you mittens, you naughty kittens!"
    Then they began to cry, "Meeow, meeow, meeow"
    Then they began to sigh.
    The three little kittens they washed their mittens
    And hung them out to dry,
    "Oh mother dear, do you not hear
    That we have washed our mittens."
    "What! washed your mittens, you are good kittens."
    But I smell a rat close by,
    "Meeow, meeow, meeow" we smell a rat close by...

I’ve been on to cat protection to find out ways of keeping it tame and it seems like the cat won’t calm down until at least 18 months! Fucking sakes how many scratch marks am I going to have in the next 18 months! If I don’t play with it! It will be even rougher in 18 months! Does something give here for the love of god!

Found this interesting facts link below. I was curious to know if cat is colour-blind because its odd how it sees the red laser beam and I’m wondering what colour would it be to the kitten?
    http://www.catscans.com/facts.htm

“Cats can see up to 120 feet away. Their peripheral vision is about 285 degrees.”

Now this is something I noticed on the first week when I had the kitten I noticed it eyes where moving or (REM) is it called, Rapid Eye Movement

“Kittens begin dreaming at just over one week old.”

Another interesting fact

“Cats are the sleepiest of all mammals. They spend 16 hours of each day sleeping. With that in mind, a seven year old cat has only been awake for two years of its life!”

Well the cat is out of the bag now yes I do talk to it! In fact I do a rather cool cat sound (imitation sound) where I suck in the sound then at the same time I make the meow sound effect and its even fooled several people!

“95% of all cat owners admit they talk to their cats.”

You have got to be kidding this sound more like Tiger than cat! LOL

“According to the Guiness Book of World Records, the heaviest cat on record was Himmy, an Australian cat, who weighed 46 pounds, 15.25 ounces in 1986. Himmy's waist was 33 inches! The previous record-holder had been Spice, a ginger-and-white tom cat from Connecticut, who weighed 43 pounds when he died in 1977.”

JBL 4645
    Found this interesting my Sooty has range over a dog on the low and high.

SpeciesApproximate Range (Hz)
    human 64-23,000
    dog 67-45,000
    cat 45-64,000
    cow 23-35,000
    horse 55-33,500
    sheep 100-30,000
    rabbit 360-42,000
    rat 200-76,000
    mouse 1,000-91,000
    gerbil 100-60,000
    guinea pig 54-50,000
    hedgehog 250-45,000
    raccoon 100-40,000
    ferret 16-44,000
    opossum 500-64,000
    chinchilla 90-22,800
    bat 2,000-110,000
    beluga whale 1,000-123,000
    elephant 16-12,000
    porpoise 75-150,000
    goldfish 20-3,000
    catfish 50-4,000
    tuna 50-1,100
    bullfrog 100-3,000
    tree frog 50-4,000
    canary 250-8,000
    parakeet 200-8,500
    cockatiel 250-8,000
    owl 200-12,000
    chicken 125-2,000

http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/HearingRange.html

JBL 4645
    Found this link and quote here from the link.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2221716AAhZnTO

"Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

At the lower-pitched sounds, there is little difference between humans and cats (and dogs). At the higher sounds, humans can hear up to approximately 20,000 cycles per second. Dogs can hear sounds of frequencies of up to 35,000 to 45,000 cycles. Cats can hear sounds of an amazingly high pitch -- sounds up to 100,000 cycles per second!

Interestingly, the highest pitched squeak that a mouse can make is approximately the same frequency -- 100,000 cycles per second. That is no coincidence. Cats' hearing evolved to enable them to be better hunters. Cats hunt by lurking in ambush and listening very closely for the slightest squeak or rustle of their prey. Their incredibly sensitive hearing allows them to be very effective at this task.

The hearing ability of a cat does decrease with age. But younger cats can not only hear a wide range of sounds, but they are also able to detect the precise direction of a sound. They can distinguish between two sounds that are only 18 inches apart at a distance of 60 feet. They can also easily tell the difference between two sounds from the same direction but a different distances.

Clearly, our cats can outperform us when it comes to hearing abilities!

• 1 month ago"

JBL 4645

It’s a miracle!

After trial and error to get my kitten to drink water after many weeks! I managed to get the first picture after weeks and weeks 5 weeks trying to get it to be more normal and to eat and drink! It runs around a lot and it must be parched for water after all that!?

JBL 4645
    Just did a quick bit of shopping and stopped off at the (pet-store) to buy Sooty a cat box for when needs to the vests for (check-ups) I wasn’t sure at first what size cat-box to get and the nice girl said an adult box would be needed. She’s right of course I have no idea how large Sooty will get in a year’s time.

Took this picture of Sooty standing on his cat-box the little bugger wouldn’t stay still for the camera LOL.

£23.00 pounds for the cat-box not too bad I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

JBL 4645
    Here’s a rather simple improvement I did a few nights back that’s been quite successful so far with no issues. I took one of those AWIA speakers that I found as you know I fixed one of them up last year. Well its working a treat and it could be worse if I had any more spare JBL speakers don’t you think I would have used JBL! Its add a bit more low end quality to dialogue low tones where a performer might have (deeper low to mid bass tone).

Bass mid as been maximised with bit more low end that is seems plentiful or about the right size for room so to speak. If I could place matching LCR JBL control 10 or 12 SR if I had them not sure if the 12SR is magnetically shielded I’m sure the Control 10 is. Wiring is parallel loudness a little adjusting of the parametric EQ on the centre channel along with left and right for equal level and smoothness of dialogue panning and effects, so I’ll tackle later on only need a few db over LCR.

Anyway I like seems to work on hard dynamic films like X-Men The Last Stand (2006).

As you can see the other speaker is placed directly behind or centred to the JBL control 5 it does add extra added kick like when Storm gets her head shoved though a glass-table in chapter 10 ouch that’s going to hurt!

I haven’t tested it with Real Time Frequency Analysis one with the extra centre support. It would be better of with single 12” or 15” for room of this size LCR.

Thread Information