Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

Thought you might get a laugh out of this...a small perfectly formed home cinema.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You might say this is naked sub baas.

I found a counter weight that is used on the telescope and small piece of timbre to support the JBL 15” 2226 in a vertical.
    Uh, Ashley...

You should not run that 2226, or any woof for that matter, outside of a cabinet. Other than not being able to produce any usable LF, you also run a great risk of the voice coil jumping the gap. Not good...

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    Uh, Ashley...

You should not run that 2226, or any woof for that matter, outside of a cabinet. Other than not being able to produce any usable LF, you also run a great risk of the voice coil jumping the gap. Not good...
    It's a whole new take on an infinite baffle!

JBL 4645

Sooty stuck in JBL 4645 SIGH!

Well what happened, final happened Sooty managed to get stuck inside the JBL 4645!

Early hours of this morning while I generally let Sooty wonder around the room it crawled though one of the three lower ports that is closest to the floor got right inside it where I couldn’t even get my arm inside the port to grab it.

I had to undo all the screws and remove the 18” JBL sub bass to get the kitten out because if was unaware I could have had some music or film playing and that would harm the kitten! [Sigh] fuck sakes!

Since getting out [sigh] the little bugger 10 minites after I have replaced the JBL sub bass driver makes another attempt! Only this time, I managed to grab it by the tail hold it while, I stuck my other arm though the other port and pushed it out backwards. Little fucker! And several minutes later it tries it again! [sigh] getting a little pissed off now!

So what I’ve tried now is to block-up one of the ports with a few plastic bags stuffed inside until Sooty, grows bigger and matures a little bit. I’d have to also place a grill over the 18” JBL sub bass driver and the smaller Eltax 12” sub bass driver somehow?

I guess Sooty likes the sound of the JBL 4645. Yesterday while watching The War of the Worlds it walks up and stands in-front of it while the atomic bomb went off weird kitten!?

Cat owner’s block up the port on the sub bass enclosure until kitten is several months old.

JBL 4645
    Okay another simple DIY improvement to keep the surrounds at high level without it getting out of control and yet maintaining a higher level even with softer sound effects or music and 360° dialogue panning effects.

This is technique I’ve done before at least 6 years ago and it’s been disconnected for a while since I moved. This evening I decided to re-plug the surrounds pre-outputs left and right to the inputs of a disused Ferguson videostar Hi-Fi stereo VCR that has built in (audio limiter) and with a slight extra boost of the output levels to add extra enhancement of lower level effects to the series of x10 JBL control 1 surrounds.

Last weeks demo was "Star Trek Nemesis" (2002) that offers extraordinary surround effects from what you’d expect from a Star Trek feature film.

Most if not all Hi-Fi stereo VCR should have built in audio limiter even a monaural VCR might come equipped with one so if, you feel like trying this out for yourselves its rather easy to set-up.

The best way to explore sound on film soundtracks is though the use of separates where the possibilities are limitless, over standard AVR internal amplifiers.

JBL 4645
    My cat is strange ole kitten its boy it was given its shots yesterday weighed and measured and was given worming pack a de-flea pack to put on Sooty back. He’ll get another check-up in three weeks.

It was staring at the computer screen looking at the (cursor) as I flip though other forum sites cheeking up on threads.

My cat is strange ole kitten its boy it was given its shots yesterday weighed and measured and was given worming pack a de-flea pack to put on Sooty back. He’ll get another check-up in three weeks.

It was staring at the computer screen looking at the (cursor) as I flip though other forum sites cheeking up on threads.
    So - you've had him a while now - is he your good buddy yet??
    Spoiled him yet? (smile)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    So - you've had him a while now - is he your good buddy yet??
    Spoiled him yet? (smile)
    Well the weird and interesting thing is he likes sleeping on the bed near the pillows so I’d say he’s my new best friend. Only problem is the (biting and scratching) I had to go to the doctors to show the scratches he is vicious god knows what he’s going to be like in three more months from now?

Back leg muscles is starting to get strong now as he has no problem of leaping 2 feet onto the back of sofa. first he stands on op of the 15” JBL bass drivers I have laying on the floor then leaps onto the back of the sofa that is 2 feet.

I let him sleep with me in the bedroom for a few hours last night, then put him out in the hallway because I was afraid if I rolled over I might lay on him, so I put him out on his bed and closed the bedroom door.

He uses the litter-tray always I play with him to encourage (excise) and he really gets so worked up hyperactive! At the present time he’s sleeping on his bed in the hallway as he was getting too excited running around in the living-room he was getting in the way of the keyboard and I had to keep picking him jump and placing him on the sofa and so on and so on. He then walked out the room had meal and went to sleep, to reserve energy.

If he is biting he thinks you are another kitten and thats normal play - you have to discourage that. Don't hit him, of course, but withdraw when he gets too rough. If you are petting him and he rolls and bits stop petting him.
    He will learn to calm down, but part of that is just him being a kitten ...

You might it better to play remotely. One of my boy-cat's favorite toys is a kind of fishing rod with a cloth mouse I tied to the end of the fishing line. I can cast it out across the room and reel it back and he likes to chase it and pounce. He can bite and claw at that and it keeps him from biting on me.

Well the weird and interesting thing is he likes sleeping on the bed near the pillows so I’d say he’s my new best friend. Only problem is the (biting and scratching) I had to go to the doctors to show the scratches he is vicious god knows what he’s going to be like in three more months from now?

Back leg muscles is starting to get strong now as he has no problem of leaping 2 feet onto the back of sofa. first he stands on op of the 15” JBL bass drivers I have laying on the floor then leaps onto the back of the sofa that is 2 feet.

I let him sleep with me in the bedroom for a few hours last night, then put him out in the hallway because I was afraid if I rolled over I might lay on him, so I put him out on his bed and closed the bedroom door.

He uses the litter-tray always I play with him to encourage (excise) and he really gets so worked up hyperactive! At the present time he’s sleeping on his bed in the hallway as he was getting too excited running around in the living-room he was getting in the way of the keyboard and I had to keep picking him jump and placing him on the sofa and so on and so on. He then walked out the room had meal and went to sleep, to reserve energy.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    If he is biting he things you are another kitten and thats normal play - you have to discourage that. Don't hit him, of course, but withdraw when he gets too rough. If you are petting him and he rolls and bits stop petting him.
    He will learn to calm down, but part of that is just him being a kitten ...

You might it better to play remotely. One of my boy-cat's favorite toys is a kind of fishing rod with a cloth mouse I tied to the end of the fishing line. I can cast it out across the room and reel it back and he likes to chase it and pounce. He can bite and claw at that and it keeps him from biting on me.
    Oh I like that LOL (cast out the line) I’ll have a look and see what I can invent for him. I use at present simple kitchen towel roles, you know the cardboard tubes and he plays with those in the kitchen. I see what else I can come up with and I’ll redraw from petting him too much because the scratches are pretty bad and with my (long term skin condition) I really must need my fucking head examined because its already starting to form (Psoriasis) due to the skin being damaged!

JBL 4645
    Boy its sure raining cats and dogs outside.

Well I decided to go to Kingson high street as I seem to remember seeing coloured tape in shop. I was right and here is what I got only 50p each.

After which I popped into Somerfield and noticed instant noodles you know like that meal that John Hurt had in Alien I just call them the (lien Noodles) LOL. I got 17 packs of them a 6 bananas and one strawberry milkshake for £4 pounds yes the UK is on the map for value!

IOne of my boy-cat's favorite toys is a kind of fishing rod with a cloth mouse I tied to the end of the fishing line. I can cast it out across the room and reel it back and he likes to chase it and pounce. He can bite and claw at that and it keeps him from biting on me.
    Yes, this thingy is so great. We have five kitties for the moment and they love it!

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    Yes, this thingy is so great. We have five kitties for the moment and they love it!

Cat + Laser Pointer

(buy extra batteries)
    Share what you know, learn what you don't...

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by WDJ View Post
    Cat + Laser Pointer

(buy extra batteries)
    Oh, thanks for that one I looked up youtube and saw a cat going nuts casing a laser beam. Then I reached for my laser and started waving it on the heater and Sooty leaps down and starts going nuts.

Cat And Laser Pointer
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xZfK8ulOIt0

Thread Information