Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

JBL 4645
    Close-up rear view of the player
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JBL 4645
    Inputs Ethernet composite / component RBG / twin stereo output audio / coaxial digital / optical digital

JBL 4645

RCA phone outputs for external use on AVR that doesn’t support new Dolby dts codes so this way you can cut corners with an older AVR where’s with a newer AVR just one HDMI would be required.

JBL 4645
    Brought a cheap digital optical lead for the use Phillips DBP7300, 1 meter length

JBL 4645
    Close-up top view of the player

JBL 4645
    View players that are currently being thou some are ether powered-up or discounted the Pioneer CLD-1750 needs a slight laser alignment I’ll get around to that soon or enough. The DVD-RW is powered-up but till I get the laserdisc player up and running to record some laserdiscs it will have to standby.

Video mode 1 not being used at the moment its input mode is for RCA analogue only

Video mode 2 Pioneer DV-515 is currently used for multi-regional discs coaxial digital output and RAC analogue output / composite video / S-video for LCD projector

Video mode 3 Phillips BDP7300 digital optical output RGB 1080i and composite video widescreen CRT / LCD projector

Video mode DVD/6channel Sony BDP-S550 used for regular Dolby / dts 6channel or the AVR would have to be set at 0db for 8channel as the rear back is used directly from Sony BDP-S550 to Marantz 1030 amp, so level has to be set precisely or can be used at any level with 6channel as the rear back is not being used during 6channel function. Sound’s confusing doesn’t it!

Coaxial for digital input or 6/8channel output for HD output / RGB 1080i for LCD projector / composite video for LCD projector and widescreen CRT

Even boggles my head with all these spaghetti leads behind the AVR which goes where? Don’t ask.

JBL 4645

The levels of sub bass extension and LFE.1 is heavily overloading the SPL db metre at 80dbc, I should have set it to 90dbc or lowered the output for LCRS sub bass extension and the LFE.1 level.

Still it was great okay fun on the LCD projector.

Superman Returns Dolby mix is noticeably low end heavy.

JBL 4645

I’d guess the LPCM 6channel is near or equal to the dts THX laserdisc last time I listened to it.

The 1080i was sharp and clear around fine image detail. Too bad the webcam mucks up the image with poor contrast levels of overexposing and image resolution.

JBL 4645

I don’t sue the video projector all the time only on rare occasions. The CRT widescreen is okay thou the image is greatly reduced like peering though a projector port window.

There’s very little stereo surrounds on this Superman 2 sequel. The surrounds have a rather odd mix when listening to just the surrounds on there own. Glad it was faked with folding left/right front onto the monaural surround like Warner did with the bluray “2010 the year we make contact” the idiots!

I saw Superman 2 twice in ABC1 around April 1980 and Superman the movie 1978 around December once in large screen ABC1 and second time was with friends in smaller screen ABC2 around early 1979as the film played for a few months. I don’t forget the screen numbers.

JBL 4645

A little Sooty meow at 0:48.

Until the phaser attack started the low end pick-up was going just about okay. I think I need to set the low end at lesser level setting the SPL db to 90dbc will make the low end pick-up sound okay but will reduce the midrange to high end.

Most of the deep low end is off the LFE.1 and part of the LCRS sub bass extension.

Made a few changes on the DCX2496 don’t care to discuses the crossover politics for the LCR LF/HF.

JBL 4645

The SPL db metre is producing a bright dialogue midrange on the playback on the JBL control 5 centre, but not to my ears with the actually film/DVD playing. Looking at the RTA I can see there’s an increase caused by the SPL db meter

The end credits sounds like its been mildly overloaded on the sub bass extension. It might the db weighting at 80dbc maybe I should try 90dbc?

Okay back to the drawing board!

JBL 4645
    Well, this is how it’s presently set-up had shift a few units around. I’d be glad when I buy some 19” racks and get all this smartly stacked in neat and tidily fashion.

The Harman Kardon AVP1a is now being used as Dolby-EX decoder. The Pioneer VSP-200 disconnected thou I’m figuring out what role it could be used for? Since I’m out of amps and next would be to buy new Behringer A500 amps, well that’s way, way later.

I could use the VSP-200 for extracting centre phantom from the sidewall surrounds when running the Sony BDP-S550 with Dolby TrueHD 8channel titles and place the signal overheard from the centre output.

Hi,
    The next évolution is a full HD screen?
    Stéphane

Quote Originally Posted by stephane RAME View Post
    Hi,
    The next évolution is a full HD screen?
    Stéphane
    Bite your tongue!

Laserdisc doesn't do HDTV ...
    (and by HDTV I mean the well recognized 16x9 widescreen 1080p High Definition TV standard,
    not some limited old spec that was never mass produced and never went anywhere)
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    MUSE HI-Vision LD Launched in Japan enters a new era of high-definition laserdisc - the first upgrade to depart completely from the original 1978 NTSC LD specification

http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/la...igh_def_ld.htm

Thread Information