Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

JBL 4645
    My friend as got me to do more things in his garden and he said he'll do it today! delayed yet again! i spent 4 hours Oh, am I'm off my f^)king mind because still wants to use plastic pipe!?

Well now I’ve tried a 6 inch round pipe by 5 ¾ length and the image passes though with bit of headroom around the edges.

This only makes it easy for drilling a hole in the wall. and he wants to take credit for the idea? A f^_king ludicrous idea how I managed to get…

Any watch this moment from HEAT because I kinder feel like Vincent,
    Don’t waste my motherbuggering time!

HEAT 1995 Dont waste my motherfu&king time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFeXaPDzVyg&feature=channel_page

Anyway the image is passing though the pipe with less refraction off the edges unlike the 4 inch which failed big-time!

Don’t waste my motherbuggering time!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

JBL 4645
    Star Wars originals with new George Lucas interviews on the end of each film.

Also a rare PAL Star Wars analogue audio that works with the CX noise reduction system laserdisc was produced around (1992) this was before digital PCM encoded laserdiscs came about.

Also Japanese Star Wars episode 1 this was more or less the last Star Wars film produced for laserdisc. Its Dolby-EX encoded, nice gatefold cover. Cost a bomb I think it was $139.00 or around £75.00.

Also special edition Star Wars that was released early around 1997 in cinemas and on laserdisc around December that same year.

JBL 4645
    Star Wars sp ed 1997

JBL 4645
    Star Wars definitive collection CAV editions only with lots of interviews and audio commentary sessions at different parts spread over the 5 sides per film with extras often staring at the end of the film with a few trailers and additional extras on side 6 of each of the trilogy.

JBL 4645
    I should have taken closer views of the laserdisc covers I know it’s a bit distant to view.

JBL 4645
    Just signature THX laserdisc editions I have Apollo 13 is my favourite having an isolated James Horner score on side 4 on the analogue track only. It contains a few extra tracks that aren’t on the CD album.

The Jackal is cool one when I brought the director is raving about the use of panning the sounds around or music as Bruce perforates Jack Black with shell casing the size of fire work rockets! Loud soundtrack!

JBL 4645
    Signature collection gatefolds opened up.

JBL 4645
    Here’s something I only noticed yesterday while in Bournemouth The Square, at Maplin Electronics I saw an LED video projector?
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=225585

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Media/PDFs/a65hz_spec_sheet.pdf

I’ve looked around and see that there are many other manufactures making this type of product. The prices vary from model to model.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=led+video+projector&hl=en

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_projector

Done a bit more research didn’t except to find promotional video demonstration.

LED Portable Projector Toshiba TDP-F10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsNk5bpjSVk

JBL 4645
    Well I brought several of these RCA connectors. I’d have to re-plug the left and right front or disconnect the other Dolby pro-logic decoder that isn’t doing much at present time for additional decoding channel enhancement so I’ll use that for the overhead middle surround.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21685

Also while on travels this afternoon was thinking about Grand Canyon (1991) the opening has short brief moment where there is half-pan between centre and monaural surrounds.

The sound is also half between left and right fronts as it pans to the monaural surrounds but its so faint in level and focus unlike the centre where it’s focused more clearly.

Sooty, showed some JBL curiosity support as I placed the 6th JBL control 1 pair on the stool in the hallway.

I like the new look on the box design. This now makes 12 JBL control 1, because I need too have the sound controlled and under control, I need to be in-control with what I’m listening too.

JBL 4645
    So now I have a few hours of steadily un-plugging and re-plugging the AVR and processors and only 1 amp channel left to use and its only for monaural use so that’s the good news.

I’ll use the existing holes in the ceiling that was used for other overhead surround from the (matrix rear) decoder. Also got 5 metres of loudspeaker cable so, (fixing the speaker bracket mounts and wiring up shouldn’t take no more, than 30 minutes).

The sound calibration will take a bit longer as I might have to drop in spare EQ for this to get the tone timbre near as possible

First off relax and have some ASDA Scottish strawberries and British double cream as I had bugger all in the way of luxury pleasurably delights for months, while Sooty was eating like a King.

JBL 4645
    I had to re-plug the leads so that Yamaha DSR-70Pro acts as the surround decoder for normal split-surrounds or centre back as and when I want to use it.

So leads pass from Yamaha DSR-70Pro left and right side surrounds to the normal EQ/amp and (centre beck to Pioneer VSP-200 right input).

Centre front outputs from AVR with Y lead connector plug attached to centre while one lead goes directly to the DCX2496 for centre LF/HF. (Centre front goes to left input on the Pioneer VSP-200).

Basically the Pioneer VSP-200 is do the trick with overhead effect when switched onto Dolby pro-logic.

Opening from Grand Canyon the helicopter moves from centre front to overhead then to centre back surrounds because that is the way the Dolby pro-logic works and its really neat sounding.

Okay I need to completely re-balance the whole sound system now and that’s going to take many hours and few more tests with, (hmm, We Where Soldiers hmm, maybe).

It also works in Dolby stereo 4:2:4 a bit weird sounding but it works, (works best in discrete four-track or six-track).

JBL 4645
    Here’s a quick simple idea that came to me last week. These simple RCA Y jack plug connectors or even the Y lead itself can be used.

Trick is to use some Y leads on the AVR and send long leads to the sub active and attach a few or daisy chain the Y leads so they can accept multiple inputs rather than the usual common two. Or place several leads onto each of the two inputs.

This seems like poormans approach but I’m sure, its sound enough to work.

Then set the levels for each using pink noise or sine wave for each channel to trim or customize the amount of level to the sub just for fun or take it serious doesn’t matter which.

It’s so simple a child could do it. I don’t know why the idea didn’t come to me 10 years ago.

JBL 4645
    Here’s something I did at least 10 or more years ago was painted in the JBL logo on the back that would normally be black! I also painted in with tiny hobby modelling brush the smaller lettering. Each one took a few hours because I wanted it to look as neat possible and its different rather than the stiff black look.

Maybe next time I’ll use orange model paint.

JBL 4645
    A little quick something I did earlier to see what the overall frequency response is like in 11 locations with a single sub. The different numbers indicate where I placed the ECM8000 microphone this showed where some large peaks where and where I need them most at the sweet spot isn’t always possible with a single sub…or single sub playing the LFE.1 while another sub plays out the LCRS that also has less peaks where I need them most or other peaks where I couldn’t get before.

I like playing with subs its like Gone with the frigging Wind.

JBL 4645

Thread Information