Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

JBL 4645
    Other things I’ve been up to yesterday was getting the Pioneer CLD-1750 to start-up! It had some kinder fault where I could hear the laser mechanism bobbing up and down but no action on the spindle motor side.

I got so frustrated I decided to remove all from that god awful box that that its all being standing on for the past 20 plus months or so.

I found a metal rack dumped outside near the rubbish bins about 6 weeks ago and thought it would make nice bedside place to place my cup of fruit juice.

I was wrong!

I sized up the laserdisc player and then compared that measurement to the rack spot on!

I then proceeded to removed and undo the screws on laserdisc player and DVD player to give them a quick little clean.

The laserdisc player must have had some dirt or build up of dust over the lens or the photo-cell I think? It’s the glass like plastic to beside the laser.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

JBL 4645
    The DVD player only had few minor issues not bad running its had for nearly 5 years at £25.00 pounds.

JBL 4645
    After I managed to get the laserdisc player starting back up I ran a few laserdiscs films.
    The Last of the Mohicans
    Star Wars
    Terminator 2 first edition, THX laserdisc special edition

Pictures of The Last of the Mohicans and Star Wars episode IV on CRT Panasonic! Oh, there seems to be 14:9 mode on the Panasonic that only shows up in different mode to input on the CRT.

The image was only lesser cropped on the sides in 4:3 and not so much in 14:9 and yet 16:9 really I mean what is the use of making it, even calling it a widescreen.

Cinema is the original medium for true widescreen and scope films.

JBL 4645
    This the rack that I used and this is what it was like before and after. It will do for now until I have the dosh for a few 19” racks on wheels to place most of this in the bedroom, when ever that day comes around?

BEFORE!

AFTER pictured below

I also cannibalised a scart to stereo lead that was just a shy under 5 meters and cut the ends wired the cables up into one long length and used it for (Composite lead) yuck you get rainbow on the whites during end credits!

Also its noisy over S-Video thou RGB would be better colour source.

The lead is connected up to the AVR so I don’t have to keep unplugging the sodden lead for different video types. It’s a pity the Pioneer CLD-2950 laserdisc player needs a part as its got an S-Video output.

I fired up the H-Fi VCR as its been laying dormant for 20 mouths as an audio limiter for the surrounds. Yes it can done, now then.

It started up a on the wonky side but soon woke up. The image is just ghastly looking at InnerSpace on the LCD video projector, the VHS tape was slightly jaded a bit for over 20 years.

The Dolby stereo 4:2:4 mix was okay a bit on the soft side in level over the DVD region 2 six-track version.

So I trying to think of way around, that is cutting a few corners for the leads patched up to the AVR so I can switch more flexibly between each video to audio source.

Now I know the Cello DR-810 will kinder convert the Composite signal into less nosier image when patched onto the input and using the scart output that is obviously running in an RGB mode.

Because I don’t see the common rainbow effect!

Now the Cello DR-810 as component (inputs and outputs) as well as S-video. The AVR Kenwood KRF-X9050D THX select supports only component S-video and RGB!?

I need to sit down and think because I don’t like rainbows, thou I don’t mind its when its noticeable, there has to be simple way?

JBL 4645
    I’ve been looking at the manual for the Kenwood as I’m buggered to know where I placed it?

http://manuals.kenwood.novenaweb.info/languages/EN/support/manuals/KRF-X9050D%20(EN).pdf

Ash -

Here's your chance to get a pair of the very rare Control 5 Plus (and they're relatively close to you!) I know you've lusted after them for quite some time

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:EF:IE:1123

Good luck, though I know you've got some money tied up in the projector and trying to get a proper screen at the moment.

Best,
    - Mike

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrewster77 View Post
    Ash -

Here's your chance to get a pair of the very rare Control 5 Plus (and they're relatively close to you!) I know you've lusted after them for quite some time

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...E:B:EF:IE:1123

Good luck, though I know you've got some money tied up in the projector and trying to get a proper screen at the moment.

Best,
    - Mike
    Well that sounds like a rather too tempting offer but I’m skit buggered until at least July Empire not only trilled with its ultimate 56KW JBL it also buggered up my day!

Wait a moment I’ve seen that picture before!

Hold on I’m going to cross check the boards back in short jiffy!

JBL 4645
    Take a look at this thread and the user hasn’t been back on in months (Last Activity: 05-23-2009 07:24 PM)
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23835&highlight=jbl+control

No don’t call me paranoid I smell something rotten to the core with that eBay listing! I smell SPAM! So thanks but no thanks this really f6*)king pisses me off to read this BS in the early morning hours!

If some f6()king wanker is going to SPAM at least get a f5()_king brain first! I don’t miss a god damn thing!

I told the user if he sold them! If it is in fact the same user or some cheap lowife scum spammer, no I’m not in the least bit interested now after seeing the same picture, get the picture!

f6uk eBay!

Right now I can really set my cat onto spammer have its eyes clawed out and its fingers crewed off!

I don’t give a flying super scum f%*ck if its legitimate it’s the same picture the member posted months ago and its hardly original, at least take new pictures or do some f%(_king cut and paste!

JBL 4645
    I’ve got a mind to go over to eBay and f%(king black list that auction as bad news SPAM!

You keep saying SPAM - you really have no idea what SPAM is, do you??
    Spam is phony email trying to sell you something ...
    eBay auctions are not SPAM - there is no email involved, phishers are a kind of email that tries to trick you into logging into a stolen or fake site.

Fake auction stuff is a SCAM - not SPAM ...

And those cheeseball images you use for signatures .. gawd!

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Take a look at this thread and the user hasn’t been back on in months (Last Activity: 05-23-2009 07:24 PM)
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23835&highlight=jbl+control

No don’t call me paranoid I smell something rotten to the core with that eBay listing! I smell SPAM! So thanks but no thanks this really f6*)king pisses me off to read this BS in the early morning hours!

If some f6()king wanker is going to SPAM at least get a f5()_king brain first! I don’t miss a god damn thing!

I told the user if he sold them! If it is in fact the same user or some cheap lowife scum spammer, no I’m not in the least bit interested now after seeing the same picture, get the picture!

f6uk eBay!

Right now I can really set my cat onto spammer have its eyes clawed out and its fingers crewed off!

I don’t give a flying super scum f%*ck if its legitimate it’s the same picture the member posted months ago and its hardly original, at least take new pictures or do some f%(_king cut and paste!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    You keep saying SPAM - you really have no idea what SPAM is, do you??
    Spam is phony email trying to sell you something ...
    eBay auctions are not SPAM - there is no email involved, phishers are a kind of email that tries to trick you into logging into a stolen or fake site.

Fake auction stuff is a SCAM - not SPAM ...
    It’s the same thing to me and its inviting in capital letters TROUBLE!

Read my signature.

I’m fanged with all the weekly spamming scum of scams of spam in my god damn in-box and I’m so now, fused fanged to teeth with it!

JBL 4645

Thumbs up My dad is genius!

Just asked called my dad, as he was in bed yes at this hour, if he had in any of spare timber at the school. “It’s all gone!” “We had big clear out.”

I then asked if he knew if B&Q had anything like small port windows at 12 inches square or under, didn’t know as he doesn’t go there anymore, well that doesn’t surprise me. LOL

He then said "why not try a picture frame."

Wow that’s a brilliant idea dad, thanks.

So I know where in town to buy a cheap frame! So I’ll look into that around July/August has I’m extreme low budget at the moment with expenses.

So now that I have that issue sorted all it takes is cutting back wall out for the required size.

JBL 4645

White fabrics for video projection screen

I’ll get an all day bugger you Yellow Bournemouth bus travel ticket as I’d like to pop back to Winton in the afternoon and have look at (White fabrics for the video projection screen) to see which one comes close to the screen samples that I’ll take along with me.

The material has to be transparent translusive as possible to allow parcel high frequencies to pass though the rest is fancy EQ technique to compensate with the minor roll-off.

Also the fabric has to be as smooth as possible I can’t have too much visible threading, which is common to the temp bed sheet that I’m using.

There are plenty in Winton so I’ll scoot around looking for the best and the lowest cheapest price.

No I won’t be buying as of yet, I’m not in the position to make those choices at the moment, not until at least August.

JBL 4645

Green Smearing Blob Effect

Its not the only film and I’m sure it bugs most alike because it looks totally unnatural on the video transfer. I’m almost positive I don’t see this yuck at the original medium called cinema.

T2 is an excellent film sequel but the video transfer is the same on laserdisc to THX laserdisc and DVD I’m just about ran out of patience’s with this green smearing. It’s the same on The Abyss and Titanic! I’m sure I have few more titles maybe True Lies maybe its James Green Smearing Cameron signature?

Screen captures direct from powerDVD

JBL 4645
    I’ve got Cape Fear running on the LCD video projector and noticed thou I’ve watched this film so many times since early 1992 at the Empire in THX then on VHS and laserdisc and now DVD.

Notice when Sam uses the touch to check outside his home to see if Max Cady is hanging around.

The flashlight looks spot on was it moves around and directly at the camera thou, that isn’t the issue it’s a neat transfer over the yucky puck T2, The Abyss has the same issues and titanic as well during the deep sea dive at the start as the lights on the submersibles pass by the camera, the video transfer is dreadful, on both editions.

The blue effect around the light is normal with lenses and shows up on film. It’s the green that is out of order.

Thread Information