Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Small but perfectly formed JBL home cinema

JBL 4645
    There is bucket mouthing on these videos so if your Mormon, cover your ears now!

Sizing up image of video LCD projection screen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8myvSZXZQ&feature=channel_page

Sizing up image of video LCD projection screen part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3oqkaCMWgI&feature=channel

JBL 4645
    Well I’ve compared a screen capture from Logan’s Run and there is a slight bit of cropping on the sides of the LCD video projector. Note the red virtual lines on the screen capture. That’s roughly where the image stops.

On the CRT Panasonic its considerable worse note the virtual yellow lines is where the image stops.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CRT usualy over scan.

To compensate for aging of the CRT, TVs are usually set to over scan. John

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jcrobso View Post
    To compensate for aging of the CRT, TVs are usually set to over scan. John
    I see.

JBL 4645
    I’ve stripped the temp screen (bed sheet) down to widen it out a bit by a few feet.

Also I have the front fixing to the plastic cable trunking that I’m thinking of making slight curve on the outer edges just beyond the screen fronts.

Image onscreen is Poltergeist (1982) scope 2.35:1

Oh, the camera Vivitar ViviCam 3785 makes the image go green I need to find the best settings under dark light.

It should only take me another hour or so.

I can just make out half the image with slight subtlety of the other portion of the screen compared with the projected image.

JBL 4645
    Well this as only gained an extra 11 inches a bit less than I thought.

Size before was horizontal at 60 inches 5 feet now at 71 inches 5 feet 11 inches.

I guess once I get around to knocking a hole in the wall that will do three things hopefully. One is get the projection beam out of the way as its only on low evaluation at the moment standing behind the sofa.

Two isolation of fan noise

Three it may increase image by a possible further 5 to 6 inches.

This temp screen allows me to see just how far I can expand the image.

Also I was placing image onto the perforated screen samples to get some variance levels on its brightness to contrast.

Thou the bed sheet is slightly low on brightness contrast its still impressive. I’ll look in at fabric shop because something tells me a perforated screen at nearly 100 inches would cost hundreds pounds

I’ll look at different types of white fabrics when I get around to it. I need to see which ones or samples to take home and try out with the projection image, projected on to it.

JBL 4645
    A high angle looking down on LCD video projector as well as front corner long view.

JBL 4645
    Onscreen action with excerpts from The Empire Strikes Back (1980-1997-2004) was thrilling to see again. Only grudge I have is my hair getting in the way of the lower portion of the unused screen.

I played a few moments from Jaws 2 and Casablanca before switching off the projector and using the CRT TV.

Images keep coming out with tint of green without the camera flash off?

Ingrid Bergman, looks green in the face at hearing “As Time Goes By.”

JBL 4645
    I’ve been taking a few naff pictures with my naff ViviCam 3785 finding the correct setting is a case of trail and error.

Temp screen lifted up while I have The Fifth Element on pause on both CRT direct view and LCD video projector.

You can see how the setting on the camera affects the image due to possible light frequency and contrast level of each screen image.

Auto means auto mode on the camera or is that auto balance for the white light.

JBL 4645
    You can see I managed to persevere with the settings and this has well almost a slightly lesser green when taking picture of The Fifth Element, lousy film great sound effects editing.

JBL 4645
    Now this camera mode really sucks with yuck! That is how most outdoor pictures turn out when cloudy I get frigging pink sky or pink whites.

JBL 4645
    Daylight setting isn’t too bad. My dad says it’s the lens that makes a difference I think he’s right and I may need a smarter camera that is both affordable and with focus control or maybe one of those SLR digital cameras! I guess I have to make the best out of the one I have because I certainly don’t have hundreds for new camera.

JBL 4645
    It’s kinder gotten off to pinker colour again. This is the first time I’ve really looked back at the images that I took yesterday morning.

I had another thought and between the last comment above, I’ve forgotten? It’s the damn heat that’s what it is! It feels like I’ve got the heaters turned ON and the window is open, not venting very well.

JBL 4645
    This setting has kinder turned it bluish as it does most times.

JBL 4645
    I’m kinder between which settings to chose between these two because they each look okay over the other settings that look awful.

Daylight as slight tiny value of pink where auto is just a bit white thou I’m sure I can see an ultra tiny amount of green?

Thread Information