Hello all, just bloody fine weather we’re having here in England at the moment, hope the pissing raining keeps to the night time to make the dry air smell fresh in the morning.

Anyway I’ve downloaded a free software package from (Home Theater Shack) site dedicated or one part, of it to the (Behringer FBQ2496) and I’ve managed to get a few issues sorted out on the JBL 4645.

One is this took a few hours to get the whole thing, well almost I need (MIDI) lead connection between the pc and (Behringer FBQ2496) to make this fully user-friendly.

So far these are test results.

Test done at 10 feet to the present listening area where the sofa is, ECM8000 was positioned behind and slightly over the back of the sofa, at ear height.

What I have done here is taken three frequency sweeps with (REW) Room EQ Wizard, the first one is with all three ports on JBL4645 18” sub as is.

Second frequency sweep is with one port hole plugged up, and as you can see there is mild difference between the, first frequency sweep.

Third frequency sweep is with two port holes plugged up, and as you can see again there is difference.

I’ve done a few more tests as well as a few guess works on the signal level calibration on the (FBQ2496). I took a reading with RTA my standard basic RTA and placed the ECM8000 1m away from the JBL sub and played some wideband pink noise from the dts calibration disc track 14 and slotted in a few filters where I saw the peak.

Filters used are
25.1Hz
+2db

40.3Hz
-23db

Now is this right is it wrong, it all seems to be trail and error and it kinder looks right to me, so far.

The first sweep wasn’t showing up to well, according to REW (Room EQ Wizard) and I forgot to add a little amplifier power, so I did a second frequency sweep test.

Final frequency sweep was with ECM8000 placed back at seating position.

First frequency sweep test

Second frequency sweep test

Cheers.