Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harman Share down 38% yesterday

In the US they market the Array series and the 9800, why not the various blue faced monitors they sell in Japan (with the latest US made drivers) if the high end market is limited here? How many 12000.00 systems are they going to sell, compared to 4000.00 Studio Monitor systems in Japan? Most japanese homes are too small for those systems anyway, I spent quite some time living there and I can't see these large monitors selling there. Sell the 20,000 dollar systems in Japan and bring the blues back over here. A pair of 4338's would go for some massive bucks here, if they weren't so heavy I'd pick up a pair on my way back from Korea next time I go.,

GM and Ford are making similar mistakes with Euro specs cars they don't build here. Add to that the environmental rules against diesels (which the green peace Europeans have no problem owning) and it makes you wonder WTH is going on.
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

Quote Originally Posted by duaneage View Post
    In the US they market the Array series and the 9800, why not the various blue faced monitors they sell in Japan (with the latest US made drivers) if the high end market is limited here? How many 12000.00 systems are they going to sell, compared to 4000.00 Studio Monitor systems in Japan? Most japanese homes are too small for those systems anyway, I spent quite some time living there and I can't see these large monitors selling there. Sell the 20,000 dollar systems in Japan and bring the blues back over here. A pair of 4338's would go for some massive bucks here, if they weren't so heavy I'd pick up a pair on my way back from Korea next time I go.,

GM and Ford are making similar mistakes with Euro specs cars they don't build here. Add to that the environmental rules against diesels (which the green peace Europeans have no problem owning) and it makes you wonder WTH is going on.
    I agree, if the white tower boys opened up the large blue monitor stuff to the US, they might not have this situation. Bulls make $$, Bears make $$ and pigs get slaughtered.
    "It only costs 80% extra to go first class"

It well established fact but perhap few are prepared to admit that the US economy cannot support the turnover to make / sell those systems there.

Large format monitors with Japanese audiophiles almost sitting on top of them has been the way for decades. ie fact: most of the 4343 production went to Japan. Ironically the 4350 was too big for most US studios

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    It well established fact but perhap few are prepared to admit that the US economy cannot support the turnover to make / sell those systems there.

Large format monitors with Japanese audiophiles almost sitting on top of them has been the way for decades. ie fact: most of the 4343 production went to Japan. Ironically the 4350 was too big for most US studios

Japan went through a real estate bubble and recession that lasted for over 12 years. They had deflation for about 7. Their economy was far worse than most believe for a long time.

I stand by my opinion that the Array and 9800 are great systems but overpriced for the US market( and probably most markets except for Dubai) and that they could bring MOST of the blues over here and sell them.

They sell a 4312 for heavens sake, they dropped that model here years ago.

Yeah, yeah and bankers jumped out windows and its irrelevent!

The issue of sales and a particular line that is a very very small aspect of turnover and where it happens is not really relevent to the current share price climate.

What Japan and the region has is the capacity and the desire to spend on this type of product and the demographic in term of income spread per capita of population.

These are totally different issues.

But JBL and Harman would have been out of business a long time ago if they continued on the way they were going (pre globalisation).

Here is an intersting link to investors on one of our web pages:

http://www.nab.com.au/About_Us/0,,91884,00.html

Here is a snap shot of the Bank share prices in recent months.If you relate points 1,2 and 3 to the volume of trades and other events its not to difficult to understand why such fluctuations occurr particularly when investors move their assets out of say mining shares into banking or another market and then panic when Wall Street gets the jitters. Wall treet gets the jitters for all sorts of reasons but when Citibank announces its going to wipe off Billions to account for essentally bad loans this effects investor confidence and they hit all the buttons (points 1,2,3)

Mean while people want to buy the Bank shares because they are so low and we have an increase in equity lending against property.

Good time to buy Harman shares? Maybe.

I have not eye balled the exact scenario for Harman but the principle is the same. Just wait a while.

https://www-au.computershare.com/Inv...&theme=scaunab

Companies with sound fundamentals are excellent buys right now, one reason the market swings so much day to day. Good investors are looking long term at where companies are going to be 5 or 10 years from now vis a vis their competition.

I don't know if HAR fits the grade but with a solid stable of companies, names and products they should be.

Thread Information