Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Turntables

Modern Turntables

Not at CES in Las Vegas but after a flight in a privat jet to LA you may listen a new 250 kg turntabel REFERENCE II by GOLDMUND, Switzweland.
    It costs 32.000 $.

[Some buy a Maybach, a BMW or another car ]

ELP LT-1XA Laser Turntable

Not as new but with no record wear due to laser reading - and not so pricey.
    http://www.audioturntable.com/

Some history:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_turntable

I'm not certain that anyone makes better sounding turntables than my friend Chris Brady in Colorado, although many are pricier. We have used his Teres 'tables at several shows, always with outstanding results. I am currently awaiting a model 340 of my very own... yes!

http://www.teresaudio.com/

Sorry I can with the modern Turtables not start. Too much show, I am pleased with my old studio turntable very satisfied.
    regards
    juergen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New and old

My favourite turntable of which I have 6 (six!) is the B&O Beogram 4000 from 1972; see http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=311
    Below a picture of one of them. They are all fully refurbished with new belts, new capacitors, and, where necessary, new cartridges.

Hello,
    Where there are already turntables. I am looking for an old record with 16" diameter to be used for the US army in the 50s were used. Can someone help?

regards
    juergen

Quote Originally Posted by rs237 View Post
    Hello,
    Where there are already turntables. I am looking for an old record with 16" diameter to be used for the US army in the 50s were used. Can someone help?

regards
    juergen
    Those were transcription records of radio programs. I have one in red somewhere. I googled and see a lot of services which make transfers. You could make turntable queries, like this:
    http://home.att.net/~dblawren/index.html
    They show a radio broadcast type turntable, a 16" "Rek-O-Kut."
    I've never played my disc.
    Last edited by Skywave-Rider; 01-08-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: added model

I have a BeoGram 4002 I've owned since new. The problem with it is all the grease in the solenoids has dried up since the advent of CD players and it just won't work. Atrophy I'm afraid. I'd love to have it working but doubt the expense is worth it given how little time I have for record preening, etc., these days. Anyone know a good service facility for these or want to hazard a guess as to what it would cost to bring one back from a deep sleep? I still have all the original boxes and packing material. I'm currently using a radial arm B&O table (RX) of a later vintage that is working fine for transcribing vinyl to digital but just not as elegant in use as the 4002, or as fool-proof. I bought the BeoGram 4002 originally to replace a Thorens table I just couldn't trust house guests to operate without a hovering owner at their side.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywave-Rider View Post
    Those were transcription records of radio programs. I have one in red somewhere. I googled and see a lot of services which make transfers. You could make turntable queries, like this:
    http://home.att.net/~dblawren/index.html
    They show a radio broadcast type turntable, a 16" "Rek-O-Kut."
    I've never played my disc.
    hello,

thanks Skywave-Rider. The turntable its not the problem. My friend has a EMT927. It is not a single but a 12 "LP on the turntable.
    "transcription records" has helped

www.ak-tubes.de

My friend has a EMT927
    The EMTs are rock solid, they are beautiful .
    With the long arm tracking errors (angle) will be smaller than with most usual arms.

Yesterday when I looked at the TERES I was wondering about two arms in a different way:
    The one arm for the outer part, the other one for the inner part. Both properly aligned would reduce the tracking error - useful when transforming to a CD.

But perhaps it would be more comfortable with the Beogram 4000.

Just2cts.

Added: Turntable Geometry: Technical Papers
    Last edited by Hoerninger; 01-08-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: link to technical papers

Sorry I can with the modern Turtables not start. Too much show, I am pleased with my old studio turntable very satisfied.
    regards
    juergen
    If you try to play the "1812" on ANY record player (that is if you don't have in another room, and we don't want that log cables, do we?) the pickup will jump out of the groove.

Most pickups won't even try to move in those canon shots. (I have experience with the record)

Hello Rolf,

I do not know if I have understood you correctly. My EMT948 with TSD15SF pickup has no problems with the canon shots. I hear it again and again like

regards
    juergen

ps I can even hear backwards

Awesome machine!
    My college radio station had a big one like that, don't know the manufacturer; but it had a huge wooden tone arm. I swear, in my memory, it looks like a 2x4!
    Was rim direct drive and had an enormous gear selector "stick shift."

hello,

thanks Skywave-Rider. The turntable its not the problem. My friend has a EMT927. It is not a single but a 12 "LP on the turntable.
    "transcription records" has helped

www.ak-tubes.de

Hello Rolf,

I do not know if I have understood you correctly. My EMT948 with TSD15SF pickup has no problems with the canon shots. I hear it again and again like

regards
    juergen

ps I can even hear backwards
    Hi. If you compare the vinyl recording with the CD recording you will hear much more what a canon sounds like. That is if your speakers can handle it. No speaker can really do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Daugaard View Post
    My favourite turntable of which I have 6 (six!) is the B&O Beogram 4000 from 1972.
    I have an Oracle Delphi which is a different sort of beauty... but I agree, for sheer elegance no one has matched the Beogram 4000.

SIX!!! I only want one. I think it would look great next to my Nakamichi 700.

Widget

Thread Information