Thread: Sticky Links?

RIP 2009

Sticky Links?

Could the 2 threads in the Technical Reference -> Links section be made "sticky"? I believe that would always keep them visible?

If you go there now, it looks like nothing's there, and you have to search back to the beginning for them to show up. I think if they were readily visible they would be easier to find and thus more useful to members.

John

??

Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Could the 2 threads in the Technical Reference -> Links section be made "sticky"? I believe that would always keep them visible?

If you go there now, it looks like nothing's there, and you have to search back to the beginning for them to show up. I think if they were readily visible they would be easier to find and thus more useful to members.

John
    Hi John,

I think at this time it doesn't make sense to do it, cause there are only two.....and only with "read" access. They are as good as "sticky" I think.
    Or do I misunderstand something.....?

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

RIP 2009
    OK - I see where the problem is. The default forum setting is to only show messages from the last 2 months, (which most users probably still have it set to), in which case the "Links" forum looks empty. If you change your preferences, (or search from the beginning), they show up.

I still think making them "sticky" would resolve the issue for everyone, without each user having to change their default settings.

John

OK

ok John,
    now it's clear...in my case I had never a problem in this thread. Maybe cause my settings show them at once......though I never changed the default setting as I remember.....

we will discuss this, cause to much sticky threads, also in other threads, are not a good solution.

thanks for the info

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Thread Information