Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: L60T speakers, are they Worthy??

Odd tweeter thing. I thought the right tweeters for the L60T and the L20T was the 035Ti, but your L60Ts had the 035Tia. Si, I opened my L20Ts, I had the 035Tia tweets also! Guess now I need to build a pair of the CC networks for them, like the ones 4313B had talked about ...

I got that pair of 115H-1 speakers of ebay - I had planned to use one to replace that frozen woofer in your L60s and one as a spare for later.
    Anyway, once I opened the box and checked I found they were glued to the fronts, glued off-center, and not completely glued down flat. I just didn't feel right about them so I took some photos and packed them back up.

We emailed back and forth and he agreed to take them back, so I shipped them back Saturday for a refund. USPS says he received them 2/19,
    but I guess now I have to wait and see how long he takes to refund them. Maybe I can find a single one to fix your bad L60T.

Quote Originally Posted by opimax View Post
    the 4406 takes a 35ti, not 044ti so I don't think this are what i was looking for, 4106 I think is what I am after...and of course you don't need a reason to come back , just come back

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Just picked them up at 1:30 today ... They had a few chips, so I got them for $130, instead of the $150 she'd originally asked in Craigslist ...

Sound is very nice - amazing full and rich sound for a 2-way ported tower - nice bass sound! I took my iPod and fed that through her Sony receiver - the usual tests: AJA, Jennifer Warnes (way down deep, Ain't No cure for love) System 7, Sylvian (Orpheus) ... they'll be a heck of a surround set!

As you can see, they look fairly good. Of course, the wood veneer was dry, but I wiped down the right speaker for this photo and the color popped right back in. Yes, they DID look the same before I wiped the right speaker down with Howard's Feed'n'wax - that stuff is amazing!

Now to find some wire and set them up as side surrounds!

You have to love Sylvian's Orpheus......you are one of the few! great dist to test any stereo

I gave my L60Ts to a friend couple years ago, still in the box. There was a factory note inside to treat them as 6 Ohm speakers. They sounded best when cranked up. Had to get the woofers refoamed almost immediately but local shop did both fer 'bout $98 after I removed them from the cabs. He mounted them to boards for shipping too. I liked them very much but bought new stuff for HT. Enjoy

Thread Information