Thread: What has happened to John Eargle's Estate?

What has happened to John Eargle's Estate?

Hi all,

Not to be maudlin or anything, but anyone know what has become of John Eargle's estate or belongings? I've been in contact with a fellow who is the son of a well known Technical Director for the Rogers of England audio company and he left to the family so many related engineering parts and projects and documentation.

I would suspect that John, with all his technical and creative directions, had a lot of neat and interesting things in his home and under his ownership. I'm sure that JBL has a longstanding interest in anything proprietary but as an interested historian and collector, the thought is intriguing.

Regards,

Bart
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

My guess is that John's family has been dealing with his estate. He likely had a formidable book and literature collection, many of the best works written by him! I doubt if he had much in the way of collectible loudspeakers. He may have used 250Tis for his daily listening; I can't recall for sure if he mentioned this. Most industry people I have known have not collected the old stuff, though they are very familiar with much of it. John did get excited one time when I brought a Lansing 285 field coil compression driver in to JBL. They whisked it off to the lab for measurements, then John summoned the engineering staff to come have a look and take pictures.

Thread Information