Thread: Dan Fogelberg

Dan Fogelberg

Just saw on the news Mr.Fogelberg has passed away at age 56.Sad news.R.I.P. Mr.Fogelberg
    Last edited by rockin'rushmore; 12-17-2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin'rushmore View Post
    Just saw on the news Mr.Fogelberg has passed away at age 56.Sad news.R.I.P. Mr.Fogelburg
    My wife called with the news while I was working last night. Dan Fogelberg is one of my all-time favorites. He was the very first concert I ever attended. It was Fogelberg and Fools Gold at the Mississippi River Festival at the SIU-Edwardsville campus, Circa June 1977. Lawn tickets were $3.50!

I was hooked on his music after a friend suggested I listen to his 1974 release "Souvenirs", produced by Joe Walsh.

One of the great storytellers, he will be missed.

I'm with you Dog! He was one hell of a story teller. He died way to young!

A log ago concert.

I didn't know Dan, but a friend of mine used to play in The Coachmen with him. That was a local band. Dan could claim to be from wherever he wanted to be from, but he went to Woodruff High School right here in Peoria.

One night my friend came by with his friend Dan, who was looking very much like Stephen Stills, sideburns and all. Call it a phase. He had a guitar with him and proceeded to play and sing for an hour or two, trotting out songs he had written that he wanted us to hear. He even played and sounded a lot like Stills. Now that I think of it, I think he covered Stills songs too. This was not the mellow Fogelberg of (later) recorded fame. Powerful voice and percussive acoustic playing. Picture Stills' Black Queen and you get the idea. Heavy, heady stuff. To hear Fogelberg later you would think more of To A Flame. Well, OK, more like 4 and 20.

We sat on the floor of my one room, second story off campus "apartment." One of the nicer musical experiences I ever had. I became a Stills (and Young) fanatic as soon as I caught a club gig of Buffalo Springfield, so I was in heaven.

I am sorry to hear of his passing.

Clark
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

I don't want to sound like Dr. Doom but a lot of us are 50+ years old and we need to get in to the doctor and get checked. There's no reason to die from prostate cancer. It's one of the most treatable forms of cancer if detected early. Rip Dan and Frank Zappa.

Thread Information