Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Meyer CP-10

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Classic!

Big Pete & who fan, unfortunately their material doesnt all seem to be that well recorded. I'll keep an eye out for a picture with that set up.
    We been listening to " Eminence Front " on my system, seems pretty well recorded to me.

scottyj

Hello Scotty!
    I was referring to a couple of bootlegs I have very poor.
    Face Dances & Its Hard were always very much underrated IMO. There is very little material that pete has done that I dislike (pinball gizard is the exception for me) w/the who or solo, that man is a genius period.

Could talk Pete/who indefinitely .
    Just Play Music.

Krunchy,

great intro,but after that I agree with you about pinball Wizard. "Behind Blue Eyes" Pete can play thats for sure ! I don't find the recordings all that bad considering the age.

Rich

CP-10 interior

Here are a few images of the interior of my Meyer CP-10.

I had to swap some of filters boards around on the B channel as the bands were out of order with the front panel ranges. I suspect it has been this way for a while following a service.

As I found out it is very easy to mix up the filters and matters not if you are familiar with the unit are are using a analyser in a permanent installation.

The construction is one of precision and has some nice touches. The filter boards can be removed by simply removing the 4 Philips head screws and they pull straight out. Saves having to pull it out of a rack.

The controls appear all conductive plastic and are very quiet in operation. The passive components are of high quality and precision. The power supply is heavily shielded from the active filters by steel plates. The chips appear to be selected grades if ne5532ne and are soldered into a through hole double sides pcbs. All the boards are carefully marked with S/N , batch codes and versions no 1-5.

All this suggests John Meyer takes great pride in what comes out of his factory. No wonder Meyer are are so highly regarded.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Here are my current settings. Until I have some spare time to this will have to do.

You can see I have some modest cut at centred at 40 and about 120 hertz to account for a room mode and room gain.

Slight boost at about 250 hz to account for a room mode at the listening position and a narrow boost at 1.7K and a narrow cut at 12K.

Switching out the filters makes a very noticable difference. The recording having more definition and focus with the filters switched in. No doubt over time I will continue to modify the settings.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Greetings gents.

Just a quick note to say if any of you professionals come across one of these units going for a song, I'd rather like to have a play with one in my system. Finders fee of course to be discussed but we make some fine whiskies over here

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up I am selling my Meyer CP-10 (see adverting market place).

The reality I just have too many toys and not enough time for audio these days so I am sadly rationalising and space as you can imagine is at a premium in the Tardis.

This is a wonderful equaliser and I hope it will find its way to a good home.

I have however incorporated a couple of similar discrete filters into my own diy analogue active crossover which was where the CP-10 was most useful

Ian

Thread Information