Hi,

I've just discovered this forum and it looks like I could learn a lot around here.

I have two 128H woofers that I would like to make into some decent subs for a home theatre and stereo application. They will be used in conjunction with a pair of 4208 studio monitors.

On my previous attempt at making these into subs I seem to have failed. The cabinets I built are solid 3/4" MDF, braced and damped with WHD inside dimensions of 16 1/4"x20"x14" for a total of 2.6 cubic feet. The port is 3" ID by 6.25" long. I can't remember if I used a hybrid of JBLs enclosure guide combined with some information gleaned from various books on speaker design to come up with my cabinets but there's definitely something wrong with how they perform. Muddy would be kind of an understatement. There seems to be no definition of notes and oddly the bass sounds more 'present' in other rooms of the house. I'm driving them with a 300 watt ADCOM GFA-555II.

Looking at it now, the ports may be the problem but I'm not sure how to rectify it and if I can salvage these cabinets or if I should start from scratch.

I know these drivers are capable of more and would love to realize the goal I had back in '98 when I first built the boxes.

If anyone has any input, tips or suggestions I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks,

Warren