I own a pair of l100t3's, l80t3's and 250ti's. I bought the 250ti used. I am the original owner of the l100t3 and love them to death. I bought the 250ti about 2 years ago. The 250ti have never knocked me over like the l100t3. Something about the upper midrange and and the highs that seem to disappoint me compared to the l100t3. Shouldn't the 250ti sound superior? What can I do to improve my listening experience with the 250ti?

After reading some on the internet I was worried I had gotten the L250. I checked, nope, it is the 250ti. Currently the speakers are in my living, hard wood floor, about 8 ft apart and I listen from a couch that is about 8 ft away from each speaker.

I haven't messed with the bus bars on the back yet. I think I'll knock down the midrange a little. Oh, the speakers are connected to a Sansui g9700.

Things I have considered.

1. I'm too close.

2. CD player is a cheapo.

3. The network inside was swapped out by previous owner (I haven't checked, but I don't think he did).

4. I don't really know what good stereo sounds like.

Well I am a stereo noob and this is my first post. Any suggestions will be appreciated.