Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
While you are absolutely correct, enough people have mistakenly called the original tube Model 7 the 7C that it has become the de facto name for it. The 7T on the other hand while looking similar is not the same. I have only heard one example of the 7T. I really did not like it. I have no way of knowing if it was typical of their sound or if it was in need of a little help. I am currently using a Model 7C (with cabinet) and it is quite nice.

Widget
Interesting! I read the article link above and it seems Mr. Marantz was much like Edison, Ford, JBL; the entrepreneurs of that era who were visionaries and leaders if not highly educated. Hired grads to bring their ideas to fruition. Sounds like he married a terrific gal; math whiz who actually cranked out the math for early circuitry! Curious - does your 7C have any notation as a 7C? What I recall is that the cabinet was optional and could be ordered and some folks constructed their own. Mine is marked Model 7 on the rear, lower left panel and came w/o cabinet. The front panel simple states, "Marantz Stereo Console"