Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooked my TI's on my XPL-200A's - OUCH :(

On the topic of buying spare replacement drivers for my speakers, can I buy the T030's as a DIRECT replacement for the 093Ti's?

Are these exactly the same dimension and spec wise? I've looked around the threads on here and the T030 seems to be the automotive version of the 093Ti's but I just wanted to be absolutely sure if the T030's are a direct replacement for the 093Ti's?

Thanks and cheers
    Pasadena

XPL-200A's up and running again with new 046Ti's

After almost 2 months without the use of my XPL's, my replacement 046Ti drivers arrived a few days ago. Tested the drivers with a MM and all was spot on. Plugged them in and we're off and running again. Yippeeeeee.

What a painful wait it's been but well worth it. I actually appreciate my XPL's more now than I did before and boy, what sweet music to the ears they are. I've learnt my lesson and won't be tinkering around too much with my setup and instead will enjoy my music and movies from now on.

I'd like to thank Ian for pointing me in the right direction and a BIG thank you to Steve k for sourcing the 046Ti's. Extremely appreciated.

Keep up the great work everyone and thank you for all your input.

All I now need to do is have one of my 2214H-1's edge's refoamed and maybe down the track, make some cap changes to the crossovers. Did I say no more tinkiering!!!

I've also managed to score a spare pair of 115H-1's and still in the hunt for a pair of 093Ti's to build up my spares stocks.

Thanks and cheers
    Pasadena.

I would look into a pair of thermisters for the tweeters. These are small devices you add to the crossover that open the circuit if too much current flows through them. I am not sure what value you need but if I can find my information I will try and recommend a value. They are quite cheap and easy to install.

The thermister will open the circuit then automatically close again after a few seconds. If the condition persists they will open again. So there is no fuse to replace. A circuit breaker approach to protection. My polk audio 10B has the same thing and it's saved the tweeters more than once.
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

Quote Originally Posted by duaneage View Post
    I would look into a pair of thermisters for the tweeters.
    Hi Duaneage,

Thanks for the the advice and something well worth considering.

I'm hoping this won't happen again for QUITE some time, hopefully never.

Cheers
    Pasadena.

Thread Information