Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: In-depth DVD and movie reviews - the JBL sound!

JBL 4645
    (Star Trek VI The Undiscovered County 1991) Six-track Dolby stereo I believe there was Dolby digital print stuck thou some sources deny this. This is one of three Star Trek films that most the of the fans like among Star Trek II and IV. Plenty of warp speed effects in this last outing of the original crew before the touch is passed over to the next-generation.

JBL 4645

Independence Day 1996

These are direct from the AVR’s outputs that then pass-off to various other Dolby processors and from the low pass outputs for (left and right summed centre and left and right surrounds summed) LFE.1 is direct from AVR to FQB2496 in bypass mode as I’m not using the subs to monitor, just the basic LCRS which mind you is Just Bloody Loud JBL on this film!

I don’t think my cat wanted to stay in the room, it wonder out too JBL loud for it, bugger that car that flies overhead and then the fire truck BANG on the 6 surrounds uniformly-all-around!

I’ve taken the frequency waterfall independent graphs from chapter 23, 43 minutes 31 seconds to chapter 24, 46 minutes 45 seconds.

JBL 4645

Black Hawk Down 2001 "Irene"

JBL 4645

Batman Begins 2005

Chapter 9, 31 minutes 24 seconds to 34 minutes 16 seconds

Funeral held for `Star Trek' actress Roddenberry

Noticed you've been using "Nurse Chapel" as your Avatar for a while ... so:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=entnews

The Associated Press
    Monday, January 5, 2009; 8:20 AM

LOS ANGELES -- Friends, family and fans gathered this weekend to bid a final farewell to "Star Trek" actress Majel Barrett Roddenberry.
    More than 250 people attended the funeral Sunday in Los Angeles. Roddenberry was the widow of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry, and had been involved in the "Star Trek" universe for more than four decades.

The 76-year-old Roddenberry died of leukemia Dec. 18 at her Bel-Air home.
    Among the mourners were "Star Trek" stars Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Walter Koenig.

Three people wore Star Fleet Academy formal tunics, and many others sported "Star Trek" rings, pins or medallions.

Roddenberry played the dark-haired Number One in the original pilot, but metamorphosed into the blond, miniskirted Nurse Christine Chapel in the original 1966-69 TV series.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Noticed you've been using "Nurse Chapel" as your Avatar for a while ... so:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=entnews

The Associated Press
    Monday, January 5, 2009; 8:20 AM

LOS ANGELES -- Friends, family and fans gathered this weekend to bid a final farewell to "Star Trek" actress Majel Barrett Roddenberry.
    More than 250 people attended the funeral Sunday in Los Angeles. Roddenberry was the widow of "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry, and had been involved in the "Star Trek" universe for more than four decades.

The 76-year-old Roddenberry died of leukemia Dec. 18 at her Bel-Air home.
    Among the mourners were "Star Trek" stars Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Walter Koenig.

Three people wore Star Fleet Academy formal tunics, and many others sported "Star Trek" rings, pins or medallions.

Roddenberry played the dark-haired Number One in the original pilot, but metamorphosed into the blond, miniskirted Nurse Christine Chapel in the original 1966-69 TV series.
    Yes to honour the passing of Majel Barrett Roddenberry. She’s quite foxy as Nurse Chapel, with the usual tiny little JBL logo in the corner

I wonder why William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy didn’t attend.

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Yes to honour the passing of Majel Barrett Roddenberry. She’s quite foxy as Nurse Chapel, with the usual tiny little JBL logo in the corner

I wonder why William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy didn’t attend.
    Shat Speaks ...
    http://www.williamshatner.com/Article356.phtml
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Well one youtube member commented that.

Bill, you could have done better than that.

But at least you tried. A for effort.

JBL 4645

Superman Returns 2006

Chapter 9 to 10 28 minutes.00 seconds to 32 minutes 01 second.

JBL 4645

JBL 4645

JBL 4645

JBL 4645
    This one really thunders overhead with soaring impact with individual frequency graphs wow I, was thoroughly impressed. This whole sequence here punched kicked slammed with plenty of depth.

Chapter 10, 33 minutes 41 seconds to chapter 38 minutes 22 seconds

JBL 4645

JBL 4645

Thread Information