Uh ... ?

There are three recordings, which have always pleased me because of their joyful music playing and high standard of recording technique. They are by different groups - but all recorded in Sweden.

1) The Electric Prunes Stockholm 67
CD rerelease 2001. Fresh playing, good climax in concert, no deficiencies worth to mention about this old live recording.

2) Benny Goodman Stockholm 1972
Although I really love Goodmans Carnegie Hall Concert (1938), for me the Stockholm concert is superior. Goodman is at least as good as ever, fine musicians (who are unfortunately not mentioned on the cover), and recorded on a high technical level (Phase4 stereo).

3) Deep Purple Live in Stockholm 1970
Formerly released as Scandinavian Nights this one is newly remixed and remastered.
I was looking for something new of Deep Purple well knowing that you can buy the same again and again with only minor changes. On Amazon I read some good reviews and I gave it a try. Once I was wondering whether there can be a more exciting concert than "DP made in Tokio". Yes they did it themselves and it was two years before.
They are playing long versions like furies. They seem to be willing to brake any limits which are set my rythm and melodie. So this old music is as good as something completely new for me.

The Stockholm's audiences always applaud generously not saying frenetic - and this in the cool north .