Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Possible) new UK recruit

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    His personal Array system is quite simply stunning.

Thats next

Rich

Thanks Merlin,

It's a shame they aren't bringing stuff like the S4600 into the UK.

Could really haggle some feathers in the hifi industry as there's so much under-engineered dross around the £5k mark.

Wow, the 4338 looks quite interesting ...

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...at=BFS&ser=LSR
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Wow, the 4338 looks quite interesting ...
    Yep, the horn is second only to the E2 horn (The H9800 and 2344A are third and fourth place). I suspect a few members of this forum would prefer the L300/4333 over it or the S4600, S4800 or K2-S9800 and that's fine.

Alot of us have zero interest in the PA/SR way of doing things anymore though and prefer the JBL Consumer gear Greg is working exclusively on these days.
    Sure, but flying to Tokyo with a $10K - $20K budget just isn't mainstream on the forum, I don't believe. We have to work DIY with what is available to us.

Well, feel free to knock Greg's designs. He really couldn't care less and doing so has zero impact on the demand for his expertise. His personal Array system is quite simply stunning.
    I'm not knocking any of it, of course, just stating an aesthetic preference, as others have done here. It's unlikely I'll ever see or hear the actual factory product, let alone Greg's personal system.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Sure, but flying to Tokyo with a $10K - $20K budget just isn't mainstream on the forum, I don't believe. We have to work DIY with what is available to us.
    Well the Pro stuff is definitely available to anyone from a JBL Pro Dealer so I can understand that.

Keep in mind that the 1500AL, H4338, etc. are actually bought by JBL Consumer from JBL Pro so some of you guys might be able to work that angle somehow. Just a thought...

Anyway, this discussion of DIY is kind of off-topic. I'd really like to see a few forum members pick up some of these new systems. They are quite exciting.

Yeah, its a moot point - I can't imagine a chance to have a nice showroom demo of the 4338, the S4600, or anything similar in this area. DC's a good sized town with a few decent retailers, but if they don't even sell them in the US ... !

Quote Originally Posted by Zilch View Post
    Sure, but flying to Tokyo with a $10K - $20K budget just isn't mainstream on the forum, It's unlikely I'll ever see or hear the actual factory product, let alone Greg's personal system.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Andyoz View Post

It's a shame they aren't bringing stuff like the S4600 into the UK.

Could really haggle some feathers in the hifi industry as there's so much under-engineered dross around the £5k mark.
    The thing is Andy, they do bring them in but charge around £10K for them - and by doing so price them out of the market. They aren't competitive at that level. Having owned the 4338, that probably would be competitive if sold in the UK at Japanese prices + tax. It's a six or seven grand speaker in terms of overall quality - ableit with a character of it's own. Aestetically the 43 series would stand no chance in the UK. I do however think the S4600 could survive but only at the right price - not if Harman UK keep trying to profiteer.

The H4338 get's a lot of good press here which I have to say surprises me a little. With the benefit of hindsight is has a definate character - but that is one that makes pretty much everything you listen to enjoyable if you replace your audiophool sensibilities with those of a music lover. I think from the JBL perspective, buying a pair of 4338, then replacing the 435al with 435be and the 1500Fe with 1500al is about the top of the tree from a musical enjoyment POV.

So basically, they are bringing them in at such inflated prices that it virtually guarantees low volume sales. This is all screwed up.

Our Scottish member "WullieD20" is visiting a JBL dealer today. He was going to quiz them about the sad state of affairs re. JBL supply in the UK.

I think there is a market here for a speaker with a "refined rocker" sort of sound around £4-5k, i.e. a speaker that actually does bass for a change.

I think there is a market here for a speaker with a "refined rocker" sort of sound around £4-5k, i.e. a speaker that actually does bass for a change.
    Hello Andyoz

What is the focus on your side of the Atlantic?? Here in the US it's HT with 2 channel a distant 2nd. Many speakers are manufactured with the intent of being used in an HT set-up with a dedicated LFE channel.

Do you have a similar HT boom there or is the focus mostly 2 channel??

Rob

I like the darker blue that these newer 43xx products are using .
    It's a more modern look to my eyes .

Has anyone considered repainting the fronts of their 4345s ( 41s or 43s ) to this color ?

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    I like the darker blue that these newer 43xx products are using.
    It looks pretty nice. Maybe someone can take one of their models and have the baffle color matched like Bo did with the 43xx. I was just going to take the 4338 grille in and have it color matched, then paint my baffles that color.

JBL S4600 available in Germany soon?

Hi,

I talked to the German Harman Specialty Distributor recently.
    He told me that the S4600 will be available in Germany in a couple of months.

Currently no info about pricing, dealers, brochures etc is available.

Interesting,

Out of curiosity, I emailed a contact I have at Harmon in Japan. The reply was...

"
    Hello again Checking if Harman group in Europe will handle the product in near future.
    If so, we cannot offer the product directly.
    You may hear from HCI Europe office re the availability.
    If the product will not be available anywhere else, let us re-consider re the issue."

Is this a change in thinking by Harmon. Power to the People!!

"Is this a change in thinking by Harmon."

This would be great.

Thread Information