Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ebay consequences

Originally posted by JBL Dog
    I told him to send me a check made out to Amanda Hugenkiss (A-Man-To-Hug-And-Kiss) to see if he would send it. Well, he did. This message comes from JBL Dog
    "Bank of Frankewing" Tennessee checks out - except it looks to me like taht should be check number 166. "20931" is the Routing Number - I can't imagine they do it differ'nt in Tennessee - er, check numbering, I mean.

You might call them and see if the Cashiers Check number can be verified.
    Last edited by boputnam; 03-03-2004 at 01:15 PM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Guenter, did you get the 4315's?
    Charles.

JBL Dog
    Originally posted by boputnam
    "Bank of Frankewing" Tennessee checks out - except it looks to me like taht should be check number 166. "20931" is the Routing Number - I can't imagine they do it differ'nt in Tennessee - er, check numbering, I mean.

You might call them and see if the Cashiers Check number can be verified.
    Bo:

On the checks I have for my business account, the number order is:

1) Check number

2) Routing number

3) Account number

which is the same order as the "hugenkiss" check. I don't know what the 166 means. The check does look authentic. It is possible it is stolen or someone ordered checks with that information.

I am getting some satisfaction that it cost someone a few dollars to send this to me from Nigeria. But, for every nine people that toss these in the trash, one person is following through. Just like anything else, it's a numbers game.

This message comes from JBL Dog

OK, cool. Then, the check number jives with the numbers-order at the foot of the check. I think a call to Jack Daniel's state, is in order!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Chas, well, I certainly didn't get the 4315's when I saw the price move well above 1.500 US. They just didn't seem worth that much.

However, interesting is that I then did a followup on the buyer and all I can say is 'very strange'! He also bought diffraction horns for over $500US which surely is extravagent at best BUT, get this, he paid $450 or close to that for some throat adaptors (ie going from 2" round to rectangular in the diffraction horns) now that has to be a scam OR ebay has now completely worthless/unreliable as a pricing reference.

Guenter,

I agree that over $1500 for the 4315s is way too much for those 43XXs, and I was shocked at the $400+ Price paid for the 2328 throat adapters, but $550 for the 2397 diffraction horns is only slightly high. Clean 2397s go for $300 on the low end to over $700 per pair. I have seen several sets go for $1200 a pair.

And then there are these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3074237568

Mr. Widget

Originally posted by Mr. Widget
    And then there are these:...
    Man-oh-man, you do phenomenal work. But, truly, looking at the gorgeous photography of your pro. wifey, and your pro. handiwork, all I can say is "let's do dinner!!" I've got a few weeks between gigs...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Hey, I took those pics!

So this guy in Canada kept asking questions about how I made them. Then he asked for the dimensions etc. Look what he made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Not quite as precise. Not hand rubbed oil, but not too bad either.

Widget

Dinner? Good idea, I'll give you a call.

Hey, I took those pics!

Very Very Nice
    That is GREAT work.
    Shane

jcdahl
    I have received several offers for Paragons that are brand new selling for $5,000 and will be shipped prepaid via UPS. All I have to do is transfer the money to the seller via Western Union.

WOW! What a deal...
    I sent them to Ebay and Western Union... They both claimed that the seller had Pirated someones Ebay account. Ebay is pursuing the guy with their Fraud unit.
    JCD

So this guy in Canada kept asking questions about how I made them. Then he asked for the dimensions etc. Look what he made.
    Yea, well I hope that your typical generousity was not enough to have impacted your market! Looks like he didn't ask about those seemingly important steel rods to thread the throat mounts to. I favour the thin-lips Widget design.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

ebay spam

Well for the last month or so i have got tons of offers to purchase almost every 43xx series moniter brand new in boxes,free shipping and insurence in as many units as i want at fire sale prices. I replied to one and asked him if i could get a better price on the 4350,s if i purchased 200 pairs!!! Well he has not got back to me yet.

Thread Information