Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ebay consequences

ebay consequences

As some of you probably know there is a 4315 near me for sale and I've bid on it. because of that bid I'm now receiving multiple spams from people trying to sell me brand new unopend boxes containing 4315 with different payment options..... these offers are so ludicrous they are laughable. Nevertheless, I assume they are sent out because sometimes they must work. Mind you - natural, Darwinnian, selection comes to mind and possibly I don't feel as sorry for them as I should - Anyway, is this becoming coomon place or am I one of the lucky few

- regards

RIP 2009
    I've bid on a ton of JBL stuff recently, but only components, not systems, and have never had anyone contact me with offers. I find it unusual very many people would have unopened 4315 systems around...

BTW - 'just curious - what was the list price on the final production run of 4315 systems, and when were the last ones produced?

John

I put a low bid on a pair of Altec Model 19s and am getting tons of this crap! It is really annoying. The first message I opened and replied to the sender in Asia asking them to never do it again. I have received several since then ostensibly from other sellers. I've marked them as spam and am deleting them all.

It is really too bad that there are enough stupid people out there that the rest of us are burdened with this virtual refuse.

Widget

BTW John look here:

http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbull...ght=price+list

RIP 2009
    Thanks for the link to that chart, Widget - 'most informative!

John

thevott
    I receive very little Ebay related spam. Perhaps the higher priced items like the forementioned studio monitors draw the most attention of the spammers.

I had never received any either until last week. I am getting two or three a day from "different" sellers. They are all off shore and want to give me a great deal on a variety of speakers all outside of eBay of course.

I reported it to eBay this morning. I am not sure what if anything they can do.

Ebay Spam

I bid on a crown Reference 1 and all of a sudden I was getting this as well. I emailed them back telling them to list it on ebay at the price they said with buy it now...... No reply Hummmm... I wonder why! I also looked up the ip address where it was comming from and contacted Ebay and the ISP that hosted it. Im sure it will pop up again soon from a different one.
    Shane

thevott
    There are a lot of really good sellers as well as buyers on Ebay, not to mention access to merchandise unlike ever before. I suppose the spammers and scammers are just a part of the whole picture---I hope this particular wave is only temporary!

Oh Wow-bid on a high end McIntosh amp, the s**t will come rolling in from all over the world! I curse thy mothers, send eBay a fraud alert...

I bid on a pair of 4430's earlier this year and then got 5 'spam' offers for the same.

The funny thing was they ALL offered new unopened with all manuals and accessories. FREE shipping (even when I probed that it had to come to Australia) at that weight.

The best was after exchanging some emails with these guys I did some tracert's on their IP addresess and eventhough they claimed to be from various parts of the world they all were from a .ro domain... Romania.

Good deals really so I have posted of 5 packets of USD $1200 cash and await with baited breath for my 5 huge heavy boxes to arrive.

Originally posted by jarrods

Good deals really so I have posted of 5 packets of USD $1200 cash and await with baited breath for my 5 huge heavy boxes to arrive.

Those generous Romanians! You got a smokin deal. Do let us know how you like them once they arrive.

JBL Dog
    Bid on a pair of 150-4C's and watch the offers come in. My canned response is "I can say F*** You in 93 different languages, what is your native tongue?" That and a few references to how their mother raised them.......

Most of the spam I get involves some listing I do on a local musicians site where I place classified ads. I have some E140's listed and I got response from a guy from God knows where saying he wanted them. He said he would send me a check for $3800, asked me to deduct my fees and write him a check for the difference.

Of course, I knew it was a scam, but I played along. I told him to send me a check made out to Amanda Hugenkiss (A-Man-To-Hug-And-Kiss) to see if he would send it. Well, he did. It showed up Monday. He sent it FEDEX Priority International from Lagos, Nigeria. I will take everything to my bank and see if their security would like to follow up on it.

People are actually falling for this scam!

This message comes from JBL Dog
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Talking SWEET !!!!!

Let us know how this turns out.......
    I am very curious to know.
    Shane

Amanda Hugenkiss

Grow up Bart.

Cool DUH!!

This person was dumb enough to write it to that name.
    LOL

Thread Information