+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOD , i`m so excited.

well i`ve tried to do some drawings and rendering in 3d for the first time.
    I couldnt draw the feet and turn them to the sides I wanted (dont ask about the horn section)
    But this will give a good idea I think.
    I dont have any batteries left when I got new ones , I `ll try to post a neat Idea about inductors with pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

still no batteries,
    but I can show you later , and tell about it now,
    I always buy some pure lead bars, and hammer them as belts , wrap them around any type of coils , I dont know why this always pays off with a very silent background and superb shielding for them, (no necessary for 90 degrees lay out etc. )

oh and I forgot to post one of my images, I `m getting a little help now for my 3d drawings, soon I`ll be posting a so corrected (with horns and real feet) images I hope.

Please add some comments.
    Sahin

RIP 2009
    Well, I have to admit - they're very striking! Some might find them a little too much "Darth Vader" for the typical home, though, with all the black and chrome. It'd be interesting seeing the design done with contrasting natural wood finishes in place of the black and chrome.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    ... and then there is the psychological side of this whole thing. I find the placebo effect in audio to be an area of great interest.

Widget
    As the good Dr. Bruce quoted someone else........"you see what you hear, and you hear what you see"............
    Much truth in that, re the placebo effect.

Quote Originally Posted by sahinderya View Post
    well i`ve tried to do some drawings and rendering in 3d for the first time.
    I couldnt draw the feet and turn them to the sides I wanted (dont ask about the horn section)
    But this will give a good idea I think.
    I dont have any batteries left when I got new ones , I `ll try to post a neat Idea about inductors with pictures.
    you know, Sahinderya, you could put your talents to work in our DIY section, helping people create ULTIMATE version JBL,s, with your know how and technical expertise.

I really like some of your ideas, theories, and products.

I sort of feel the McRitchie speakers are a done deal, but, you have talent, and you belong in our public forums mapping out some really wicked modifications, and DIY designs!

I really dig your stuff! And, I love that Gomalak lacquer! SHARP.
    scottyj

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    you know, Sahinderya, you could put your talents to work in our DIY section, helping people create ULTIMATE version JBL,s, with your know how and technical expertise.
    We definitely need more expertise in the DIY section!

Thank you for all comments,
    if magnepans can find places for themselves I think these can too.
    I put the 3 metal bars to hide closer placement of the drivers, that doesnt show too much in my drawing (I`ll be correcting that) , and a speaker this tall should be somewhat focused in terms of baffle angle to listener for closer listening positions. I think we have to bend the upper woofer baffle a bit to front (maybe 8-10 degrees). As for the horns, I dont know much about them, when I tried to learn some from Jbl`s archives I `ve noticed the hourglass looking horns are always more user friendly, one thing I want to do is alter the performance of Be super t`s performance via using a different shaped horn. We can do the needed correction with notching and padding but maybe it is possible to push upper 10khz region with a physical shape? I`ve tried to contact with mr.widget but he is too far busy , asked him about the grilled horns and hourglass shaped horn types, maybe one of us can tell more about these.

And about the nickel platings, when I recall my childhood memories Istanbul was full of old american cars from 40`s through 60`s, they were built like tanks and incredibly comfortable, HUGE , and ``shiny`` , maybe this is the reason. My first school bus(!) was an chevrolet 56 Bel Air .

Thank you all for reading,
    Sahin

Not sure how old you are, but I remember taking those dolmush taxis in Istanbul in the '60s that were old Packards...and how they were often adorned with extra bits of eye candy.

Actually your designs remind me of German designs along the lines of the MBL stuff...

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by sahinderya View Post
    Thank you for all comments,
    if magnepans can find places for themselves I think these can too.
    I put the 3 metal bars to hide closer placement of the drivers, that doesnt show too much in my drawing (I`ll be correcting that) , and a speaker this tall should be somewhat focused in terms of baffle angle to listener for closer listening positions. I think we have to bend the upper woofer baffle a bit to front (maybe 8-10 degrees). As for the horns, I dont know much about them, when I tried to learn some from Jbl`s archives I `ve noticed the hourglass looking horns are always more user friendly, one thing I want to do is alter the performance of Be super t`s performance via using a different shaped horn. We can do the needed correction with notching and padding but maybe it is possible to push upper 10khz region with a physical shape? I`ve tried to contact with mr.widget but he is too far busy , asked him about the grilled horns and hourglass shaped horn types, maybe one of us can tell more about these.

And about the nickel platings, when I recall my childhood memories Istanbul was full of old american cars from 40`s through 60`s, they were built like tanks and incredibly comfortable, HUGE , and ``shiny`` , maybe this is the reason. My first school bus(!) was an chevrolet 56 Bel Air .

Thank you all for reading,
    Sahin

I`ve met this Roland from Holland yesterday, he is quite a reasonable guy.
    He uses some of these coils, which I wonder how they sound and soon try to buy some , he designs with horns (before his site) and t-lines , he suggested using c-coils for woofer section, and I saw something called C-Coil and wax coil for the first time in Jantzen`s site.

http://www.crafty.nl (Roland`s)

http://www.jantzen-audio.com

well dolmush taxis are gone now, replaced by some weird cheap ford van`s, since 1994. miss `em.

I`ve been researching with an aluminum compound called alufoam.
    It is used for vibration/noise insulation, mainly in aircraft and industrial working places. It has some incredible characteristic and can be easily baked in any shape. The material is in dust form before baking procedure and simply takes the shape of the mold after. Alufoam can be made aesthetically pleasant too according to Izmir High Tech Inst.`s prof Mustafa Guden. We are not able to bake any big pieces due to finance problems, but material is promising too much. Better than aluminum , much more absorbent. I intent to use it as front baffle or full of cabinet material. Spoke to b&w about it , but they seem to find it too expensive compared with all those mdf related sandwich stuff.
    I dont know why people still bother with designing with pure aluminum.
    Wouldnt it be superb to make our front baffle with this? Maybe will be another first to draw attention.
    and it can be put together from small pieces too, accepts epoxy , glue etc.

The simplest form of alufoam looks like this :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Aluminium_foam.jpg

I`ve contacted with Jantzen people and they send me some info about waxed coils, wax is used to make them hard as bone and it is an old technique of making coils according to them.
    And still I`ve never heard the drivers of our project but, bybee purifiers are said to be very benefical and positively reviewed , some companies are using them between binding posts and crossovers.

I got the detail level a little bit higher , and with help from my friend Mr. Aydin Titiz we draw the horn (Bi-Radial type , coaxial with super T ).
    Sorry for the ridiculous woofer texture, I`ll upgrade it too.
    The feet are the hardest, we are trying to draw them.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by johnaec View Post
    Well, I have to admit - they're very striking! Some might find them a little too much "Darth Vader" for the typical home, though, with all the black and chrome. It'd be interesting seeing the design done with contrasting natural wood finishes in place of the black and chrome.

John
    You’ll feel the force chocking effect with these JBL!

By the guys birthday is today where is he? I guess some just give it in or maybe he’s got something on his plate maybe a new project?

sahinderya where ever you are?

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You’ll feel the force chocking effect with these JBL!

By the guys birthday is today where is he? I guess some just give it in or maybe he’s got something on his plate maybe a new project?

sahinderya where ever you are?

Thanks man, 35 now , halved the way
    busy with guitars and stuff lately,
    built some celestion vintage 30 cabinets with hi-fi ideas , and built an plexi superlead 100 clone.
    (I`ve even built a custom lefty explorer too, cnc and some other parts arrived from us and all around the world)

Got the pictures and if I have the time will post them on my site and to you guys.

There is so much these two branches have in common, and guitar stuff are way too behind in our understanding of amps/speakers etc.
    Most musicians wont bother, pros are somewhat interested , and they all tend to settle what they think ``the best`` at the moment; which is I find lack of belief in force .

Especially guitar humbuckers (pickups) wont even use some magnet alloys and use designs as old as 50 years. I know they are well tested and sounds good, but I cant help to wonder how will a neodymium magnet sound , and active coil designs placed differently make the noise levels differ/sensitivity better.

Just take a look at what a hi-fi guy can do within this field (our Ken Kantor): http://www.ztamplifiers.com/
    (check out the lunchbox dimensions and spl carefuly)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information