Thread: Please help me Identify this Speaker

Please help me Identify this Speaker

CAn you please help me identify this speaker. It is a
    James B Lansing Signature Series
    Components are N1200 16ohm crossover L175 hi frequency Driver
    1" horn attached tp perforated difuuser 12" woofer unknown model and is mounted on midle baffle. The Cabinet is hexagon shaped and the dimensions are 39 13/16" tall x 23 3/4" front width x 22 3/8" front to back.
    Here is a picture

It's a D34001 system. The woofer is a JBL 15" 130A, not a 12" speaker.

THANKS FOR THE INFO SOMEONE TEXT ME AND SAID THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A S36 CAN YOU CLARIFY AND ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW OLD IT IS AND WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH ALSO WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT STYLE THE ENCLOSURE IS OR WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT. AND AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP, MY HUSBAND UNCLE GAVE HIM THIS SPEAKER HE IS 90 YEARS OLD AND WANTED US TO TRY AND SEE WHAT IS IS WORTH TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Dereinda View Post
    THANKS FOR THE INFO SOMEONE TEXT ME AND SAID THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A S36 CAN YOU CLARIFY AND ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW OLD IT IS AND WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH ALSO WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT STYLE THE ENCLOSURE IS OR WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT. AND AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP, MY HUSBAND UNCLE GAVE HIM THIS SPEAKER HE IS 90 YEARS OLD AND WANTED US TO TRY AND SEE WHAT IS IS WORTH TODAY.
    It is an old speaker and it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
    Not trying to be rude, but that's the real truth. Some folks like old speakers, but many people don't.
    A perfect example in perfect working condition brings a lot more than one with bangs and dents and chipped veneer. Its important to know what speakers are actually in those boxes today - which may not be what they had in them when they were first built. (People change things around - and its useless to guess)

Its honestly impossible to state the value or tell the condition of yours from what appears to be a blurry cell phone picture. Is that paint or stains on top?

Do they look like these?
    http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...61&postcount=7
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

ALSO WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT STYLE THE ENCLOSURE IS OR WHAT WOULD YOU CALL IT.
    It's a C34 rear-loaded, folded horn cabinet in Mahogany, designed to sit in the corner of the room. We made them in the 50's and all the way up to the late 60's. It has a 001 system in it, which consists of a 130A woofer, 175DLH (driver, horn, and lens), and an N1200 crossover.

age of D34

...... AND ALSO CAN YOU TELL ME HOW OLD IT IS A....
    Hi Dereinda,

when we know the serial numbers of the drivers, we can tell you something about the age. (+/- 1/2 year)

regards

HP
    Please help us save more info about the vintage systems. Let us register your speakers and drivers.

Thank you the info you have given me is very helpful.

hjames yes it is the one in the pics you directed me to, thank you so much. Sorry for the blurred pictures I posted it was not from a cell phone they are from a digital camera that my husband does not know how to use. As far as the stuff on the top, I am not sure. I have not seen the speakers myself...sorry

Thread Information